BS38 missing NIPPLE

ANLAF

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Fellers

I have a second bank of carbs I want to swap with the carbs currently on my bike to try and find a fuel supply fault. The second bank has a fuel inlet nipple missing. Anyone know where i can get one? If possible I will try and avoid the ridiculous charges the UK puts on stuff coming in from the US.

Cheers

ANLAF

Attachments

• DSCF3821.jpg
    DSCF3821.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCF3822.jpg
    DSCF3822.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 225
The petcocks I have the fuel fitting threads into the petcock. Might be hard to thread the carb body.
Plug the hole. Fuel will cross feed through the crossover tube just below the fuel line fittings.
Leo

Like jayel said some of the older petcocks had removable barbs. Like you would screw into the sides of the 38's to sync them.
If you want to search it out I had a thread on the rider site where I replaced one that had slipped out by knurling it with a spring loaded punch, it is still in place today.
Or I have a pair of 34's someone tapped and put in a 1/4 inch npt barb.
If you were going to try to replace the barb as close to stock as possible, hobby shops have a selection of brass tubes generally in 6 inch lengths. The problem would be the bulge at the end but that could be done flaring tool for copper tubing. Just put a nut between the tube and flare/flair end so it would compress instead of spread.
Square holes and round pegs there is always a way.

Thanks, weekendrider. I got some copper brake tubing, burn darn it, it was 6mm when the hole is 7mm. Still I have that as a back-up. I will go down to Andy's whose shop is full of boxes of bits, and walls and shelves full of stuff taken off bikes from down the years. If I can't find a part from a carb I will be looking at those old petcocks. The barbs on those are part of the cast, so no luck there.

Yes, there will be a way - always a way.

ANLAF

Back