Can someone tell me the proper name for these please ?

Grewth

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the dumbest of questions, but I read somewhere that NAPA sells them by the bagfull.
Fine, if you live in the USA, but there's no NAPA in the UK.
Yes I know that I can probably track them down as NOS genuine Yamaha parts somewhere, but why bother when they're just standard commercial fixings.
I actually want them for my XS1 side panels but I think the seat trim is retained by the same things.
I tried searching "Yamaha Trim Clip" on ebay, but it just threw up a load of black plastic things.
Obviously motorcycle technology has moved on......

Attachments

• 20220630_202043.jpg
    20220630_202043.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 55
Many thanks all for such a quick response !
Sidepanel trim fixing sorted by the looks of it.
I've read up on the trick of using rubber washers under the trim to keep tension on the clips.

Yamaha did this from the factory
And yet I've not found any trace of rubber washers on the side panels I've stripped.
I have to conclude that they must have used a poor quality rubber compound, and that it disintegrated many years ago.

Yes at least some original had rubber washers. If you are careful and bend the tabs back with a pick some of the original push nuts can be saved.

Yes at least some original had rubber washers. If you are careful and bend the tabs back with a pick some of the original push nuts can be saved.
I bent mine back with the tip of a kitchen knife - too impatient to find/create the proper tool as usual.
TBH, given the price of repro "C" trims and badges, I wouldn't really want to re-use the 50 yr old fixings

Back