For Sale - carbs on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

erklep

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
not mine but wanted to let everyone know there are 3 sets ov 38s and 1 set of 34s that were all just listed by the same seller. claims working condition. they are very fair prices too

Somehow or other without ever planning to....I became the sidecover king. All in pairs
rehabed latches in good physical condition ....not fancy. Let me know what you're looking for Standards....Specials 78-79. Sorry no 80's plastics. Supporting "Running Rollers" deal Patches?

Thanks for the tip re the BIN carbs erklep....I bought the 2FO BS 38 type II set. Blue

Last edited:
I assume you mean....How do you tell the carbs apart.

http://www.amckayltd.com/carbguide.pdf tech section here on site.

Here's some more which show the distinquishing differences apparant in vent locations etc.....

Mikuni CV carbs BS 38mm Type I & II and BS 34mm.....look at the intake throats.

Attachments

• BS 38 Carbs 77 vs 78 plus.jpg
    BS 38 Carbs 77 vs 78 plus.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 95
  • BS 38 Mikuni Carbs.jpg
    BS 38 Mikuni Carbs.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 1aa1.jpg
    1aa1.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 139
  • BS 38 Type II.jpg
    BS 38 Type II.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 76
  • BS 34.jpg
    BS 34.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 96
Warning! Always ask for a picture of the float posts. I was sent 2 sets of carbs this week that a guy bought off ebay. I opened them up and guess what? Both sets had broken posts. He won't tell me who he bought them from for some reason and he can't return them, "Sold as-is".
These are the 4th/5th set I've seen with broken posts that someone blindly purchased from an ebay seller.

Dang good advice littlebill and for a lot of other reasons as well. I've purchased quite a few sets and I try to stay with either 584's or 2FO's as I have a number of donor sets for each and I need them. As a guess, it takes 3 to make 2 good re-worked ones, stripped threads, broken float posts and a lot more make used carb purchases a 'pig in a poke' purchase as often as not. But; then so it is with an XS 650 purchase as well.

Nah...make that Vintage Motorcycles or perhaps Vintage anything. Best, Blue

Somehow or other without ever planning to....I became the sidecover king. All in pairs
rehabed latches in good physical condition ....not fancy. Let me know what you're looking for Standards....Specials 78-79. Sorry no 80's plastics. Supporting "Running Rollers" deal Patches?

Thanks for the tip re the BIN carbs erklep....I bought the 2FO BS 38 type III set. Blue

Ha! Sounds good to me blue. I'll have to post up some progress. I have a bunch of motors torn apart and getting ready to order parts from mike's. I also recently picket up three sets of different high performance carbs. I don't want to say anything yet, but it'll be worth watching....:wink2:

Yah it's a deal if you want to replace separate unlinked carbs with same.....dual throttle controls etc. Trouble is that more often than not folks are replacing this sort with later linked sets, single cable throttle sets like the 584's of 76,77 or 2FO's of 78,79.

Last edited:
...separate unlinked carbs with same.....dual throttle controls...

Sounds like less than an ideal thing.

That's why I come here. I learn a thing or ten everytime I visit. Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back