Couple of Cool Bultaco’s today.

RustiePyles

"Pocket sand! Sh-sh-sha!'
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I went our local monthly motorcycle swap meet today. Not a single shred of Japanese stuff. A few British crumbs, and lots of junk taken off wrecked HD’s for %20 more than new price. But there were these two Bultaco’s. I think the Tracker might be a Track Master either way it’s a cool old racer. The other is a stock 77-78 350 Sherpa T trials bike.
317C8C09-7BB8-4A68-ADE1-C13513703809.jpeg
5565B6C0-032E-4156-BCB8-8C6E9C6612BC.jpeg

The top bike is an ASTRO...factory race bike you could buy from a dealer at the time...'72-'78 (I think). A lot of pros bought them for short track racing
because they were very competitve right out of the box. They didn't come with the Redwing shocks though.

I should also mention that the Sherpa T was a factory trials bike right from the factory. Bultaco also produced the Pursang, Sherpa S and other
competition bikes you could buy directly from a dealer. ALL WERE VERY COMPETITIVE in their respective classes. Some winning Championships.
ie: Sammy Miller winning 3 World Trials Championships in the '60s

the factory. Bultaco also produced the Pursang, Sherpa S and other
competition bikes you could buy directly from a dealer. ALL WERE VERY COMPETITIVE
Friend of mine raced Bultaco in enduros. Gave up on them when he couldn't finish because of break downs. Could have been that particular bike or his mechanical skills. Nice guy tho. He switched to a Penton Mint 400 and started to finish.

The top bike is an ASTRO...factory race bike you could buy from a dealer at the time...'72-'78 (I think). A lot of pros bought them for short track racing
because they were very competitve right out of the box. They didn't come with the Redwing shocks though.
Good to know, the person selling them didn’t know much about them. I knew about the Sherpa T but knew nothing about the Astro. Very cool bike. He was asking $6500 for the Astro, that seems a bit high but I have only limited knowledge about Bultaco’s.

Back