Cut out all my mount's to bob,,,now put it all back. Does this motor mount look OK

CalsXS2

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
Don't ya just love it when you go backwards. You guy's may have heard me mention I originally bought this 72 to bob, but now I'm going back to original. Well, it's official now. I sold the Detroit Bros tank, and welded back in all my mount's. :banghead:

What brought this craziness on you ask. Well I found an original tank with the original paint scheme. And I really liked it. I was having a hard time cutting up the 72 anyway. Not that is was so nice or anything. It just seemed sacrilege to me. :laugh: So now here I am.

Here's what it looked before, during, and after I tore into it. I did all the removal and prep work. Then I had a friend weld in the new bracket's that he made at work,,which is by the way,, a shop where he builds race car frames. So I think his welding is top notch.

Fortunately, I saved all the part's I cut out. I wasn't planning on re-using them,so the motor mount came up a little short. We just aded a piece of flat steel in. Do you guy's think that will be sufficient.

I would appreciate any critique. Thanks.

Attachments

• xs 005.jpg
    xs 005.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 54
  • xs 012.jpg
    xs 012.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 59
  • xs 072.jpg
    xs 072.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 43
  • xs 305.jpg
    xs 305.jpg