Daylight Saving Time

Travis

Forum Staff
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, Just wanted to check to make sure that the forum time is displaying correctly with Daylight Saving Time going into effect this morning for a lot of us. The time is displayed near the bottom of every page. If the time displayed is not correct, you'll first want to check your settings under Control Panel > Edit Options > Date & Time Options. You should always set the Time Zone to your location and have the DST Correction Option set to Auto if you live in an area that follows DST. :bike:

hm. Interestingly, the time is correct, but it's saying "GMT -4" instead of something like "GMT -5 +DST". Which is technically correct, but a bit confusing.

Grrrrrr, bloody daylight savings...........After 3 previous referendum' with daylight saving being voted out. The Western Australian State Government introduced a 3 year trial (thinking the wombats who kept voting no, would see the error of their ways). The trial ended last year, and for the fourth time the pathetic wombats once again voted no! So it seems that's it for my lifetime in WA........

This leaves the Australian Capital Territory (ACT), New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia & Tasmania with daylight saving. Western Australia, Queensland & Northern Territory. This makes Western Australia 3 hours behind Vic & NSW (the major trade centres in Aus) during Summer. Like I said at the start, grrrrrrrr

Blimey, I thought it was just the UK that had that switch every Spring & Autumn ! ..

No you're not alone. I live In Quebec and we have to switch too every spring and autumn. Same thing for the major part of Ontario and some eastern states in USA too I believe.

Oh Arizona. You just *had* to have 4 different time zones, didn't you. :D

Although, i wish we were more like Arizona, and didn't observe. PITA, it is.

And hawaii, being so close to the equator, it would be meaningless. I'm actually surprised Alaska does it, to be honest.

Bloody cows don't know about the daylight savings and refuse to get up early. Plays havoc with the quantity of milk as well, don't get compensated for the loss of income so people can enjoy a bar-b-q in the daylight :D

Back