Decompression Hose Oil Leak?

BlackRabbit18

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Bike: XS1

I've been chasing a smallish to medium sized leak and I thought it was the cam chain tensioner gasket. But when I pulled the carbs off and went to take off the decompression/cylinder link hose it seems like the leak could be stemming from there. Ive been going through all my service manuals and parts fitchs and I cant find any good info on it. Does that hose carry oil? what does it do?

So far I have ordered a new cam chain tensioner gasket, new decompression hose and spring just waiting for those to come in. Does anyone have any experience with leaks coming from this area?

Thanks in advance

IMG-2963.jpg

That looks like the crossover hose between the intakes. If anything, I think it would leak fuel not oil. I do see quite a bit of oil around there though. Head gasket maybe?

That looks like the crossover hose between the intakes. If anything, I think it would leak fuel not oil. I do see quite a bit of oil around there though. Head gasket maybe?
That’s what I was thinking at first but when I looked further toward the head gasket it’s bone dry in that direction

also i guess it could be the cam tensioner gasket leaking and running along that hose and stopping there. That hose is probably touching the tensioner

Back