Desperate for a carby ?

yes they are a business and importing lots of bikes from the US so I guess they have got to meet all the shipping importing costs, VAT at % and general business overheads before they see any profit. Still some of the prices do seem rather ridiculous especially the carb .
Its a question of supply and demand. In the US you are probably tripping over abandoned Yamaha XS650's everywhere but here in the UK they are surprisingly scare due to rusting and the demand for chops and bobbers etc

I just paid about $1000 US for a complete non runner in good condition which is a 79 2F imported from the US . It sounds a lot but I paid a lot less than some go for.

peanut; that's actually less than I would expect for one after freight, import duty, profit etc. I have run into a few guys "collecting" bikes destined to be exported by the container load.
I paid $75 for a no title accident hulk last night. Only temporary sanity kept me from filling the van with XS engines and beat up racing parts. I did pay top dollar for a complete NOS 750 kit for a 256 engine, it included a ported head and shell #1 cam (said the seller LOL)

looks like it was well worth the trip then!:thumbsup:

looks like you've more restraint than I would have:laugh:

Back