East Coast Timing Association as fast as you can go in a mile

knap-sack

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Thats right as fast as you can go in a mile, heres the link. If it were a few years ago I would be jumping for joy to know these folks are coming to my neck of the woods. About 30 miles from home. But to be honest I feel like Jeckel and Hyde, part of me wants to go out and attemp to do the double ton (200 mph) on my trust Kawasaki ZX-12R. The other part of me just wants to tinker and wrench on my 650's and live a simple life. Several years ago the ideal of throwing my leathers on and changing the spockets and squirting some go juice down the intake and fiddling with the yellow box to fool the computer on my actually speed. Setting up my lap top in my enclosed trailer to modify my fuel mapping and timing. All that would have been a blast. But now that I am older and I know how fragil life can be. Ah what the hell I was starting to sound like I gave up on life just cause I got a few gray hairs. :D They added a new class for overhead cam twins also. Maybe I will take two bikes :bike: I have plans to make haha
http://ecta-lsr.com/

hi about 8 years ago at bairnsdale drags i took on a turbo vl commodore ,, anyway i cranked a 9.35 in the 1/4 on my modified 1980 gs1000e a couple of guys that saw me do it said gee , you looked scared doing that ,,, the truth was i didn,t expect it to fly down the track sooooo quick ,,now i,n glad its behind me the bike has never disappointed me .... regards oldbiker

While living in NC it was big fun to go to Maxton to run the mile but now I'm back in New England and we have the Loring Timing Assoc. running the mile at the old Loring AFB in Maine. Come on up. it's the middle of July, I don't have the exact dates off hand but it's fun to watch or scare yourself---tim

Back