First Real Ride, Snow Be Damned

felixcontour

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
The forecast last night for here in Michigan said it was going to be mid-50s and dry today, so after breakfast I gear up and open the back door ... and see snow coming down.

After a few hours of sitting inside, refreshing the weather radar page and cursing, it suddenly cleared up. Thankfully the roads dried out about an hour later, just enough time to give the chain a quick retension and lube the swingarm. Then I hopped on for the first real shakedown ride. I just bought this thing a week ago and ever since then it's been rainy.

bike1_zps4d065c42.jpg

bike3_zpsab785547.jpg

I was so excited I thought I'd share a few pics of the bike in a local park. Had to stop and warm up - even with fleece under my leathers, it was a bit chilly. And of course, I found some stuff that needed attention. Carbs are cutting out under load at more than 3/4 throttle, but since I have new MikesXS Commandos coming, I'll hold off on tuning the carbs.

Not like there will be any riding soon ... cold and rainy all week. :banghead:

Plus one on sending us up some decent weather! This has been a suck wad spring so far. I guess the good news is I have been motivated to stay in the garage and keep working on bikes. Today might allow a cold ride for a bit, before crap weather returns for the rest of the week.

Okay, that does it!

I just told the weatherman to send you boys some Texas weather. Snow don't like that...

So is that why it's going to be in the upper 60s with thunderstorms and heavy rain today?

I just can't win. :doh:

But my box from MikesXS just arrived. At least I can wait out the rain while bolting up some new goodies.

Back