FNG from COS

COSxsSix50s

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hello all,

Living in Colorado Springs CO the metric scene is non existent. I got introduced to the xs650 a couple years back from my Brother that lives in LA CA. I did some local research to find a xs650 and I couldn't find anything for the longest time. Two days ago I found a local newspaper ad ( No CL ) and found a 83 xs650s w/ 11k for 400 bucks... I went out to take a look... Running condition and in decent shape. The rear turn signal was broken (thread tube needs replacement) and the seat was redone. Haggled for a few minutes... flashed some cash and took the sweet lady home 50 bucks under asking price. Next day I register it and get insurance. Today I rode it to work :bike: .... xs , title / registration, insurance all under 600 bucks.

33745_1644479552992_1266965836_31759896_3534130_n.jpg

Last edited:
So how big of a gun,did ya use to buy it for that price?...lol Great deal!
I make it up that way a time or two a year, maybe we can have a cold one, and talk XS!
Good luck with your project!

Hey welcome! I'm seriously considering moving out to CO within a year. Probably outside of Denver or just north of it.

Nice find on the bike! You thief! :D

Well..... this morning I started browsing the local area for parts. I drove 2 hours south and found a legit 1980 parts bike and a 78 (w/ rear disk brake).... all chrome... 20k miles... great motor. I was not planning on it but i had to pull trigger. In less than a month I now own three xs650. A great 78, an 83 that needs a little work and an 80 for spare parts. NO MORE PURCHASING for me!

btw... has anybody ever seen an all chrome 78?
I didn't know chrome was an option for 78.

Let me know what you guys think.

Once I get what I need I'll be parting out the 80.

mail

mail

yea um good luck with that whole no more purchasing, let me know what method your using so I can borrow it.
In less than an hour i acquired three xs's soo I understand.

From the sounds of it your pretty damn lucky in your finds! Welcome

Stone.....
Thanks for the welcome.

I guess I can't purchase anything else because I have no room in my garage. 2 Atvs, 3 xs 650, my truck and roomies car. It's a mess in there!

btw... have you ever seen an all chrome? It makes for a super clean petrol tank... no rust what so ever.

AFAIK all chrome was NOT a Yamaha option.
Someone probably worked nights at a plating shop :laugh:

Jim,

Thanks! It's a clean rig and was super cheap (compared to east and west coast prices).

Trav,

I grew up in California and after my first duty station in CO.... I could never move back. I've done a good amount of traveling and nothing compares.

Good buy on all of them. Someone had that chromed-wow. Is the chrome good?

I got three free 650's in Ft. Collins 3-4 years ago. My friend knows a guy at a little shop and they were just sitting around.

John

Hey Trav none of that now, You is cheesehead through and through!

Yeah I love beer, brats, and cheese, but I'm getting damn sick of these winters up here. Plus they have beer everywhere and you can get cheese curds shipped!

Trav,

I grew up in California and after my first duty station in CO.... I could never move back. I've done a good amount of traveling and nothing compares.

I've been out there a few times and really liked it. Lots of sunny days, mild winters compared to Wisconsin, and mountains! :thumbsup:

Back