Wanted - Front Drum Brake Wheel

Here ya go again Patches.......Knock yourself out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item33689752f7

This one looks like a dandy even though there is one minor detail missing. BOL, Blue

Blue-

I contacted the guy that has the wheel yesterday morning. He said that he has lost the drum plate, but if he ever runs across it he would send it to the winning bidder....:confused: sounds a little sketchy to me. I told him that there really isn't much that can be done with it without the drum plate. I guess he's going to try and look for it again and get back to me, but I'm not holding my breath....

But thanks for the heads up.

Theyre creeping up in price, the one on the left cost me £150 a few years ago, the one on the right nearly double that a few weeks ago..

Attachments

• Sr wheels.jpg
    Sr wheels.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 125
Theyre creeping up in price, the one on the left cost me £150 a few years ago, the one on the right nearly double that a few weeks ago..

Hi....Could you give us some idea of what you do to mount this wheel in your later model
"Roadster" forks?

Thanks, I recall your attachment to these front wheels from the old 650rider forum days. Blue

Hi, yes that was me back on the 'Rider':)
Can you see the brackets on top of the wheels? They allow you to fit straight to post '78 forks using the standard disc caliper mounts.

Thanks again....would love to see more re fitment in the "garage" section? Best, Blue

If I recall correctly the brackets from a SR500 work for this swap. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. I am going off of something that I read a long time ago and I may be way off.

Youre right, these are both SR wheels & brackets,I got them from Germany, they came off mid-1990's models

Youre right, these are both SR wheels & brackets,I got them from Germany, they came off mid-1990's models

The only problem is those brackets are IMPOSSIBLE to find unfortunately. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make something that will adapt the front drum wheel to work, unless I can get ahold of some XS1 lower legs.

On this bike I just ground off the caliper mountings & welded on a peg to locate in the brake-plate..Much easier!

Attachments

• myxsbrake.jpg
    myxsbrake.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 135
Back