Getting back to my 82 650 Heritage Special

Brian B

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello all I am getting my 82 650 up +running for my wife. I was a member of a forum like this (maybe this one) many years ago, and had a great time fixing and riding my 650. The only draw back was trying to ride double with my wife. So I bought a 2000 Road Star in 2005. So the 650 went into the garage and has been there ever since. Well now my wife is interested in riding so I am back to the bike and the forum! The batery is toast, and the tank is rusty, and the carbs are all gunked up. I have ordered rebuild kit for the carbs and knocked a bunch of rust out of the tank. (bolts in tank and shake well). Just thought I would introduce myself and say Hi. I could use any ideas of how to lower the bike a little due to my wifes shortnes?????

Thanks,
Bri

Shorter rear shocks (I hear rebel 250 shocks drop in and lower it about 11/2 ") and drop the forks in the triples 3/4" to maybe an inch. Shave the seat foam. Is she already a rider? If not 650 is a pretty big first bike specially for a short gal.
Oh and welcome back to the fold. Gives me the heeby jeebys to think of that poor HS sitting at the back of the garage all these years wondering if it would ever see the road again. Doing this for the wife? Yeah uh huh. We'll see who rides it the most.

Thanx for the responses so far, my wife is 5foot 2inches. I got my carb rebuild kit and am about to put them back together. I will keep you all posted!

Later,
Brian

Back