Has anyone seen a Brammo or Zero in person?

I've not seen them in person. The specs are impressive. It's the future of bikes and cars, but it will take a long time before gasoline and diesel engines are the minority.

I like the hybrid cars. If I was to buy a new car, it would be a Camry hybrid.

If I were in the market for a new car, I would not buy it from "Government Motors".

I have sat on the Brammo at the Cycle show. Feels light. Sits narrow, like a dual sport. Expensive, and not enough range yet, plus, those batteries are not safe enough for use in aircraft yet, so I don't trust them, not to mention the expense of replacing a dead one.
Interesting piece on the Volt on the local news in Dallas a couple weeks ago. They dropped the price to around 30K from 40K because they are not selling. Even at 40K, they are LOSING 30K a car, according to thier own report.
So GM is being run like a government program. Just throw more money at it. Not to mention the government has no plan to sell thier stake. More money lost on crap. If Green technology is not competitive, it's not going to sell. It's just a continuation of the unrealistic mileage standards from the EPA. They are attempting to regulate us into green technology, and eliminate the choices.
If Brammo or Zero wanted me to "test" a bike on a 70 mile per day commute in extreme heat, I'd take it, but if I'm spending that much money out of my own pocket, I'm getting some range and performance far beyond either one's current capability. My electric bill is high enough now, without having to plug my bike in!

I watched a Throttle Jockey piece on them and it was interesting.
But haven't seen anything like them locally. We probably aren't a big enough market for them.
Supposed to be marketed through Best Buy but the web site search doesn't have anything. So I don't know what the retail $ are. And it would scare me if I did.

Rode a Zero not too long ago. Interesting bike, not to mention wierd, at first. No clutch or shifter. Mine had a top end of 70mph and it got there quick! Handled fairly well. Too much money though. Still fun to ride.

Back