help me out with the electircal guys :P

howry

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
sooo i pulled some stuff out. and cleand it abit. got the wiring back on. but dont really know the stuff that i have on there. can ya identify the stuff from the picture. cant find the positive that should go to the batter(or from). thank you ahead....
ps there is a black wire coming from under the engine(im guessing its a negative) if ya need better picture let me know. i really need to figure out this :)

Attachments

• DSCF7411.jpg
    DSCF7411.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 428
your positive is the big wire on the right. that thing it is connected to is your starter solenoid switch. Negative is generally under the seat goes from neg to the frame behind the battery. The black wire under the motor is the starter cable...

Each component has coloured wires..................compare those colours to the wiring diagram for your bike.

"Tech" at top of page..................wiring diagrams.

You've got some work ahead of you!

i know... the greessy thing #$%@# not coming off. ill get there. donnnt even care how long it will take :p and MOUSER the red wires are all connected to something. in my diagram there should be red wire that goes straight to battery, but i dont see it. am i blind?....

Looking at your picture, at the solenoid, you have a black heavy gauge wire on the upper right hand corner, connect to battery, stud in lower left hand corner connect to starter wire.

soo ive found the; regulator and rectifier. but others got lots of wires that dont seem to be in the diagram. but i kinda started to believe that this heavy black wire, which the thick red connected to is the positive.i guess there is few ways to check it out. tnx for yar help. guess im beeing bit lazy... damn... while we on wiring topic. i heard that old stuff is noo good for leds. is it true? eventually will be better to take something out?

If you haven't figured out what your components are, starting at the left side of your pic. The black rubber covered bundle is tail light and turn signal wires. Next is the light checker, next is the reserve lighting unit, next is the regulator, next the rectifier, above the rectifier is the safety relay, up by the kick start is the starter relay, or solenoid.
At this point lets worry about getting enough of your wiring together to hear it run.
Once it gets that far then we can worry about lighting.
Leo

XSLeo :) you are the best. thank you.... i will make it run, even if ill be running around the streets asking strangers differ questions lol

may not be what you have, but you should have something like this to chase wires. you didn't say what year/model you have.

Attachments

• user313_pic361_1264179941.jpg
    user313_pic361_1264179941.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 37
HEY,
tnx man, ya got it right on, 2f is wat i got. but im simplifying the circuit. soo took the reserve, safety, light checker off. wasnt able to honk but now i am. the owner before me or whoever, had some fun with the wires, but also as XSLeo said, the connectors got some dirty and got "rusted" kinda deal. sooo i started to clean em up and put way better ground. but thanks again.
ps i now know what wire goes where, how the current flows, what mechanical parts there are. soo... slowly growing from being a noob lol

Back