HHB CDI Wiring Help

eazyrider

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm about to start wiring up my first HHB CDI and I need some advice. I've got an XS1 so kick only and I'm gonna run a battery instead of a capacitor with no key, switch only. 1) The instructions say to use the supplied relay but is it really required if I don't have a starter? and 2) How do I wire-in the switch to kill the ignition? Do I need a second switch to kill it (to ground like a dirtbike or stop power to the coil) or would a multi-position switch work?

The relay doesn't matter if it's electric start or not. The supplied relay is intended to work with the standard 12volt positive Yamaha Kill Switch. The relay is open when that switch is on and grounds the CDI box when off. If you want to use a grounding Kill Switch (dirt bike), the relay is not needed.

The relay doesn't matter if it's electric start or not. The supplied relay is intended to work with the standard 12volt positive Yamaha Kill Switch. The relay is open when that switch is on and grounds the CDI box when off. If you want to use a grounding Kill Switch (dirt bike), the relay is not needed.
Thank you. I've been staring at the instructions for a while now and couldn't figure out exactly what it was working with. I'm gonna run two switches then (one for my electrical and the other to ground) to make things easy. Appreciate the help!

Back