Hi Guys---newbie here!

Yeah these motorcycle forums are a huge sausage fest. The guy-girl ratio is always hundreds to one. Especially for a bike like the XS650. I've seen a few more women on sites for modern motorcycles like the FZ6, SV650, Ninja 500, etc... :shrug:

- we have a few here in europe but mostly theyre partners of existing freaks that simply caught the bug or figured better to join the mad fuckers or always play second fiddle

Last edited:
:bike:Hey Barbara, how are ya? Gordo here, from the "right" side of the country. You will like this site, as soon as more find it, the tech info will blossom. Only thing that I hope is that the crybaby stuff & political bullshit does'nt find it's way here. Mostly, it's an adult site, & some of the photo's are a bit risque', but all in good taste.Maybe we can get Brad Pitt to pose for you, half on the seat of a nice '77! Or perhap's George Clooney? Barb has alway's got some good comeback remark's, so I feel we will all enjoy her company. And she does know a few thing's about motorcycle's. I remember you having a problem with Jailith's engine a little while ago, Did you get 'er straightend out?
And posting pic's here is alot easier than the 'other' site. I could only get one over there, and got them all here as you said, easy peasy.The classified section here work's great, too. Sold a wheel I had in 2 day's.
Snowing here now, 2" so far, but I think it's over.:bike:

Last edited:
Hi Gordo and everyone,

Interesting--on a British bike site wherein I hang out, we have four or five women---and 5000 guys. And then my women friends complain about the lack of neat guys, and I just grin.....

So. Gordo. 2" of snow and you are on the "right" coast....? Hmmm? Mid 40's, broken clouds and sun here....heehee. See, there is the "Least Coast" and the "Best Coast". And I get to say that because although I'm a western girl and have been for a long, long time, I was born in Pennsylvania.

Brad Pitt? Too young. George Clooney? Oh, OK, I guess.....:yikes: Sam Eliot on a Harley, now that would ring my chimes.....

On the philosophical sidebar, I think a lot of women aren't here because they didn't have the advantage I had: my father would show me how to work on my little bikes, but he made me do the actual work. I didn't like it then, but it is invaluable now. For example, I was indeed having trouble with the engine on Jaelith---like she threw a rod. While I'm rebuilding her engine, I have my spare engine in the bike, so I can ride. If I had to pay a mechanic to keep the thing running, I'd starve to death, so maybe that's why women gravitate to newer bikes. Less working and more riding. But honestly, I think our little vertical twins will be running and valuable when lots of newer bikes are forgotten.....just like the Brit twins and singles. Why? Simplicity and class. Period.

:bike::bike::bike:

Barb

You will like this site, as soon as more find it, the tech info will blossom. Only thing that I hope is that the crybaby stuff & political bullshit does'nt find it's way here.

Hopefully this takes care of that: Site Rules and Guidelines

Mostly, it's an adult site, & some of the photo's are a bit risque', but all in good taste.
:D I think that goes along with crowd and the extremely high guy to girl ratio. We have a wide range of people here, from hardcore, don't give a shit, chop it up, tattooed type.... to polish the classic XS-2 everyday and tuck it in for the night. We all seem to get along just fine. :cheers:

That link is too cool! I love it! Even the Monobloc carbs on the Bonnie. There really is something about McQueen that appeals to both men and women---for, I assume, entirely different reasons....:eek:

Oh, hey! My first post of the New Year! Happy 2010, Guys!

Barb

Back