For Sale - Houston Craigslist Parts Lot

YOURADHERE

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just passing this along incase someone can use it. 2 engines, 2 frames, a wheel/tire and some other stuff. Might not be a bad deal for spare parts. But just FYI I tried to buy this stuff last week when it was listed for $100. If Im not mistaken one of the motors is locked.

ETA: A link would help

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/1840292555.html

Just sent the guy a text, requesting photos. If I can figure out how to do the blue tooth thing between my phone and my laptop, I'll upload them here. I might take the plunge and pick 'em up though. Dunno what I'll do with two chopped frames, but I wouldn't mind having a couple spare motors for $150.

I wouldn't be surprised if that locked motor is just locked from sitting too long. I bought a 77D that had been sitting outside for years with no carbs or exhaust, and some of the valves were open. Moisture had gotten down into the bores, gunking everything up. It was a PITA to dismantle, but when I finally got everything apart, I discovered that, despite being locked up and open to the atmosphere for who knows how long, the bores and pistons were still in good shape.

Like I said Im 99% sure that same stuff was posted for $100 last week., but even still thats a nice deal. I emailed him last week and still have all the pics he sent. Let me upload what he sent over. The frames look like one has been chopped and the beginngin of a hardtail, the other looks like it had been chopped on. Even still it looks like there's still some usuable parts.

Here's what he sent me last week....

xs650stuff3.jpg

xs650stuff2.jpg

xs650stuff1.jpg

If you pick it up I may be willing to buy the side covers from you if they're priced right. Im looking for a set to experiment with shaving the YAMAHA off.

Also these guys in Pasadena are supposed to have a good bit of XS stuff. Whole bike to parts.

www.HoustonCycleSalvage.net
3317 Red Bluff Pasadena, Texas 77503
Phone # is 713-472-0020

I think my buddy josh at old school hardknocks bought that stuff. he posted a bunch of pics of it. great deal.

Well, Josh is the name of the guy selling it. So maybe he did.

Youradhere, the pics you were sent look better than the pics I was sent today. He has all the stuff loaded in the back of a pickup by the looks of things. I'm a bit ambivalent over it now that I've seen it. I don't have any use for the frames, and I'm sure they're not titled, and the motors look worse than the stuck motor in the 77D I bought.

Yeah, probably. Hey, Tim, you're closer than me to Pasadena. You thinking about it? Me, I'd have to draw my available cash down lower than I'd like to buy the stuff, and then beg the guy to haul it over to my place. Don't have no pick-em-up truck. Plus I don't really need the stuff anyway. You probably know how it is -- you see XS650 stuff and you wanna grab it even if you don't need it. Wonder why that is . . .

Having spent the last 4 years to present having ATVs as my hobby I know exactly what you mean...often times I found/find myself buying parts not because I truly need them, but because they're such a great deal you'd be crazy to pass them up. It's addicting at times. Heck Ive got a couple hundred $$$ in ATV parts waiting to put on, some have been the shelf over a year. I'll get to it...one day.

Yeah, probably. Hey, Tim, you're closer than me to Pasadena. You thinking about it? Me, I'd have to draw my available cash down lower than I'd like to buy the stuff, and then beg the guy to haul it over to my place. Don't have no pick-em-up truck. Plus I don't really need the stuff anyway. You probably know how it is -- you see XS650 stuff and you wanna grab it even if you don't need it. Wonder why that is . . .
I know josh, he showed it to me when he got it. I told him today to get the damn things torn down and build a motor out of 'em. I think I may have him talked into it, dunno.

Well then. That would take care of matters, wouldn't it. Then when Josh gets started on his chopper/bobber project, you could tell him about this forum, he'll join, and we'll have another member from the Houston area. It's all good. :bike: :thumbsup:

Well then. That would take care of matters, wouldn't it. Then when Josh gets started on his chopper/bobber project, you could tell him about this forum, he'll join, and we'll have another member from the Houston area. It's all good. :bike: :thumbsup:

let me correct and say I am definately not saying he isnt selling them, contact him and offer some green and he would probably part with them. buuuuuut, if they sit to long, ill have him talked into building one out of the two.

Back