Hugh's HandBuilt - Shop news and updates

Punkskalar

Hugh's HandBuilt
Reaction score
If you've kept up with us on Facebook or Instagram, then you know that we've had a rough weekend. Our shop had a pipe burst late Thursday Night, causing a TON of damage. We will be processing orders and shipments as fast as possible, but it will take us a while to recover of course.

IMG_4510%5B1%5D.jpg

More details, pics, etc... are on the blog http://hughshandbuilt.com/2013/05/hhb-flood-of-2013-news-updates-and-a-flood-sale/

I'll do our best to give updates, but with the office out of commission, I'm literally doing as much as I can on my phone - until we can get back up and running.

I wanted to post here, because about 75% of our business comes through this site and I didn't want people to think we were neglecting their orders or emails. We are working as fast as we can to get back into the full swing of things.

Hugh

Like Rusty, I have some parts to order, but not in a big hurry. Do what you need to do, I'll keep checking the blog to see when you're ready. Good luck, there.
John

Hugh, Early in my career I worked for a company in Greensboro that did insurance repair work. I worked more water damage jobs than I ever cared to.:banghead: I feel your pain but you will get through it.

Oh look, Hugh polished the shop floor, looks good. :shrug:
Don't worry, we all understand and we have no problem giving you an extra day to get back to normal.
Ok, all kidding aside, take care of your probs first and don't worry about us, we'll be here when you get all that crap sorted out.
Best of luck to ya Buddy
Bryan

Horrible thing to happen to a great guy. We all need to stand behind him and help anyway we can. Even if you only have a dollar to spare visit his gofundme site and give him a hand.

Will keep an ear to the rail for when you get back up and running again. Oh by the way could you do a write up on your trailer behind your shop bike? I saw some pics over on the attack choppers tumbler page and recognized the ride and your smiling mug. I want to do something similar and wonder how you went about it. Good luck with clean up

Set backs make you stop slow down and look at the big picture. No one got hurt and things can be fixed and people will wait for good products. It could have been 3 or4 feet of water instead of 3 or 4 inches. Been there done that living at the jersey shore.
Hugh get the biggest bottle of wine you can fine and roll one and sit in the middle of the mess and it all won't look that bad. If this is the worst that going to happen its over and time to just go back to work.
FEEL FOR YOU BROTHER

Water damage is no fun at all, dealt with it a few times in the past...Keep your eyes on the prize and your head up... We all got your back brother, looking forward to sending you some $ soon!:thumbsup:
If you have time, go take a ride in the wind and clear some stress out, I know it always helps me keep my head on straight !:bike:

Picture this........Hugh.....with a snorkel.....Its pretty funny. Floating around the shop on a tire holding a box with a pma in one hand and his cell phone in the other trying to print a UPS label and email the customer.

This wont slow hugh down. Just gonna make spashy sounds while he gets it done. :thumbsup:

You have a renter's or business owner's policy that is going to cover that damage, correct?

Back