I Like Trains

YamadudeXS650C

Central New York XS650
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I like trains.
So does Fred.
Arkville, NY, southern Catskill Mountains.

045.JPG

046.JPG

038.JPG

My name is azman857 and I like trains too! Last year My20170514_151652.jpg 20170514_151029.jpg
20170514_151652.jpg
20170514_151029.jpg
20170514_151805.jpg
wife and I went to Williams AZ to ride the train to the Grand Canyon. Last May We went to Boulder City NV and rode the train at the Nevada State Railroad Museum. Growing up in Tulsa OK I love riding the train that went around the Zoo/Mohawk Park. There was a big ol' steam locomotive in a covered fenced in area in the park too. Always loved to look at it. I still have my HO model trains. I love to look at steam Loco's. I made a special trip downtown Tucson one morning in '12 to watch 'The Centenial" steam train that went from New mexico to AZ. Both were made States in 1912.

Last edited:
I've done several trips to Europe, and I like to go on a train if I can. The TGV from Paris to Avignon, in the south of France, was a great trip. The train was smooth, quiet and fast, travelling at about 321 kms/hr or 200 mph. On another trip I took the Eurostar train from London to Paris. It was very interesting to go under the English channel through the chunnel.

I also took a regular low speed train from Paris to Caen, in order to see Juno Beach in Normandy, as well as a Canadian Military cemetary .

TGV Paris to Avignon.jpg
Eurostar.jpg

RG and AZ, I enjoyed hearing about your train experiences. Stopping by these trains in Arkville, one which takes you through the mountains of the Catskills, rejuvenated my intrigue in trains. Never fails.

My HO train was the first piece of machinery in my life, and I never looked back. My parents tell me they became a bit worried about how many hours I spent on the floor with it, sometimes passing up dinner. You can probably see the fascination in my 7 year old eyes.

The singer is from Ontario. As a teenager Eaglesmith hopped a freight train to Western Canada and began writing songs and performing

IMG.jpg

TGV Trains: I have traveled on them several times between Paris and Lille for work. Without pointing the finger at me it has been observed by others, not me, that if you stare up at the darkened glass overhead luggage rack you can see down the front of anyone in the next row. Having not noticed this myself, but having no reason to doubt my source, I would have to assume the darkened glass was deliberately designed in by a man.

I like steam engines and diesels. Especially the diesels doing a cold start!!!!!

Last edited:
Dude, should have guessed you were a fred head. Never tell that man you have an idea for a song. Ten minutes later he'll have it written.
Thankfullly, he does like to come south to NYS with his band.
Last time I saw Fred, I won an apple pie that he personally auctioned off just before his set.
I've seen him countless times, and you?

Fred has been a guest artist at our 'Home County Folk Festival' here in London.
Let's just say there are 'incidents' reported whenever he's in town.

Fred has been a guest artist at our 'Home County Folk Festival' here in London.
Let's just say there are 'incidents' reported whenever he's in town.
Fred is a "walking incident", isnt he?
At the Earleville Opera House (NY) a few years ago, an elderly woman was offended by the color of his stand-up routine, and got up to walk out. Fred noticed, and said to her, "Ma'am! I'll follow you home, if you fix me supper !"

Started with Fred when Ralph and Washboard Hank were in the band, then Cory ran the merch table lol. Haven't seen him much since Willie died. I got tired of the same old jokes. Same stories over and over... Yo Fred, we came 4 the music! Just my rant.

Started with Fred when Ralph and Washboard Hank were in the band, then Cory ran the merch table lol. Haven't seen him much since Willie died. I got tired of the same old jokes. Same stories over and over... Yo Fred, we came 4 the music! Just my rant.
I hear you. The Roots on the River music 3-day festival in Vermont created their whole festival around Fred as the festival star, then last year dropped him for that reason. Maybe Fred will wake up and see the writing on the wall, and go back to his music roots, at some point. He's so talented.

" Haven't seen him much of him since Willie died " : QL, you've got the start to a song, there !! :laugh2:

Back