I,ve been robbed

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered motor oil from a place called Autopartso
Looking at the ad I was sure that I would be getting 4qts of 20w50 oil for $29 and free shipping
But No I only got 1 Qt the ad is very misleading to me I mean who would pay $29 for a qt of oil
Any way started a dispute with the credit card company
Let s see what happens

VALVOLINE 798152 4-S MCY OL 20W50 EACH​

In stock
MPN
See all from VALVOLINE !
Be the first to review this product
$29.00
4-S MCY OL 20W50 EACH

HOW TO RETURN OR EXCHANGE AN ITEM
Return shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer.
terms for sale at Autopartso.com offered with Free Shipping, when these items are returned, actual shipping charges will be deducted from any refund that is due
Not to mention what I paid for sales tax :cussing:

Looking at the ad I was sure that I would be getting 4qts of 20w50 oil for $29 and free shipping
But No I only got 1 Qt the ad is very misleading to me I mean who would pay $29 for a qt of oil
Let s see what happens

In stock
MPN
See all from VALVOLINE !
$29.00
4-S MCY OL 20W50 EACH

terms for sale at Autopartso.com offered with Free Shipping, when these items are returned, actual shipping charges will be deducted from any refund that is due
Ooooops....

What happened is I was looking at prices on Amazon and it had a pop up that said you can save $23.11 by buying from Autopartso
for $29.00 with free shipping
I've seen these pop ups before but they were legit and I did save a buck or two at times
Amazon will look for a better price and let you know if there is one
I don't know how they got hooked up with Amazon but they did
I have the credit card company filing a dispute and they are refunding the money back to me pending the out come
Theres a scam every ware at least the credit card co. will take care of it

So far so good I haven't heard from the credit card company nor the vendor
I'm hoping I don't get charged for the purchase and maybe I get a free quart to boot :shrug:
Edit: The credit card did refund me the money back weeks ago in fact the next day after I filed the dispute

I'm still fighting this battle with Autopartso
I'm trying to sick Amazon on them since the pop up came up on their website but I think Microsoft shopping or something like that iniated the pop up
And now I have to again plead my case with Capital 1 with documentation I don't have :banghead:
Any one want to buy a $29.00 quart of motorcycle oil I'll throw in FREE shipping just like Autopartso did for me
Theres no fool like an old fool :laughing::doh:

Let s see what happens

In stock
MPN
See all from VALVOLINE !
$29.00
4-S MCY OL 20W50 EACH

Hi Mikey,
nah, the ad plainly says you get a plastic jug of oil for $29. 00 and the photo shows a single one-quart jug of it.
That fancy oil's worth is mostly in it's longevity which don't matter in an XS650 as you're gonna change it at 2,000 miles anyway.

Hi Mikey,
nah, the ad plainly says you get a plastic jug of oil for $29. 00 and the photo shows a single one-quart jug of it.
That fancy oil's worth is mostly in it's longevity which don't matter in an XS650 as you're gonna change it at 2,000 miles anyway.
Yeah I hear you I also have on hand Wallmart 20w50 in a gallon jug
It was just the hey you can save $19 that got me while was on the page with the 6 quart case
I haven't lost the battle yet but I think I'm close

Yeah I hear you I also have on hand Wallmart 20w50 in a gallon jug
It was just the hey you can save $19 that got me while was on the page with the 6 quart case
I haven't lost the battle yet but I think I'm close
Hi Mikey,
didja buy the 6 quart case? If the hassle to return the stuff is too much bother, put it in your car where the oil's longevity will make more sense.

I did also buy the legitimate 6 qt case as thats what I had been using in the 650's in the past
But your right for often as the oil gets changed the wally world oil would be good enough

The refund the credit card gave me for this scam still stands even though I supposably lost the appeal
Maybe the scam artists company doesn't want to waste their time on me when there are some many others they can fleece out of cash who won't complain about it
I'm old and have to much time on my hands to just give in
I'd argue for a quarter just because it's the principal of it
That and I don't want to admit I was a dumbass for not paying attention

Back