Isle of Man TT

Hey Leslie, I'm trying to find some decent tv coverage over here for the TT. Someone on this forum turned me onto a great you tube video. I watch it every morning when I get to work to get the adrenaline going:bike: These guys are awesome, definately want to watch it in person:D Enjoy it you lucky SOB !

I used to race there ( I was crap!)& my younger brother was killed racing there in 1997 . It gets in your blood, once youve been its like a pilgrimage you have to make each year!
A photo of me & my other bro' at Union Mills (where he crashed) on his memorial bench & one of his plaque on the Douglas Memorial Wall to TT riders

Attachments

• I.O.M.jpg
    I.O.M.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Douglas IOM memorial wall.jpg
    Douglas IOM memorial wall.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Sorry about that, I bet it is something that you will never forget.

Lets hope there is a nice little short circuit up were he is and he is now racing against the likes of Joey and Big Dave Jefferies.

Leslie

Hey Leslie, I'm trying to find some decent tv coverage over here for the TT. Someone on this forum turned me onto a great you tube video. I watch it every morning when I get to work to get the adrenaline going:bike: These guys are awesome, definately want to watch it in person:D Enjoy it you lucky SOB !

Saggs,
NICE:),,I don't think it gives you the true sense of speed that these lads are going at.

John McGuiness from Lancashire won Saturdays superbike race.

Leslie

Sorry about that, I bet it is something that you will never forget.

Lets hope there is a nice little short circuit up were he is and he is now racing against the likes of Joey and Big Dave Jefferies.

Leslie
:thumbsup: Cheers Leslie.
My Manx GP trip is in doubt now as my Mrs is pregnant again & wont fit on the pillion!!!:doh:

Ive just watched it on ITV4 , you can all watch the talk, the practice & races here via ITV Player on a PC ;
http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=318331

Nascar,
Is that the one where they race family saloons around big car parks :)

Leslie

No, that's where they flush fruit flavored Cheerios down the toilet ('loo' to you).

Also known as 'taxicab racing'. :laugh:

(ducks inevitable rain of abuse from the board's NASCAR fans)

Curmudgeon,
The only car racing that holds any fascination for me is the World Rally Series,now them boys can make a car dance.

Is the Rallying scene something that the Americans are aware of, sorry I don't mean to be patronising but I know you have your own sports.

Leslie

Rally Cars are shown here on Speed. The Ford Focus take's on a whole new meaning in Rally Cars vs the american street car. As far as Nascar goes, I still watch it, but I'm not addicted like I once was. I was allways a Dale Jarret fan. My fav driver is Tony Stewart. He tell's it like it is and is throwback to his hero AJ Foyt. Both of which would race shopping cart's if someone challenged them.

Racer I suppose it is a sport that Americans grow up with, I have watched it and I must admit you can get a bit involved with the sheer speed and the banks.

Its got to be better than our cricket ( the most watched sport in the World) LOL

Leslie

i grew up redneck but despise nascar. i love f-1, kart, and especially the GP bikes.
now that we have the miller motorsports park here in utah, it brought all kinds of bike and euro style races . when our only option before was drag racing or dirt track... variety is good!

dahondaboy,
I hope your neck gets better, here in the United Kingdom it is so small i Live within a hour of the Racing circuits Donnington Park- Cadwell Park- Mallory Park- Rockingham raceway and Darley Moor circuit.

And several Motocross tracks plus stock car and speedway tracks all within 1 hour of my garage GET IN im a lucky Bugger

Leslie

Im in spitting distance of Silverstone & under an hour from Mallory, Snetterton,Brands Hatch, Brooklands..etc. though Ive not been to any for many a year..For once youve been to the Island nothing else copmpares!

Got to agree 61 I think we are a bit spoilt for choice when it comes to this little sceptred Isle, I love my football and I live within easy reach of Forest The Blades and the Owls plus the best team in the world Man CIT-EH LOL

Leslie

I love WRC, just don't get to see it very often. I was in Mexico the week of the first Rally Mexico, damn it was KILLING me not to be able to go.

Racing in my little corner of the Southeast: there's Darlington (NA$CAR) about two hours away, then a road course (Carolina Motorsports Park) about 45 min away, the nearest MX track is 90 min away, other than that it's a wasteland until you get to Savannah (Roebling Road) or Road Atlanta. Or go north to Charlotte (Lowe's Motor Speedway, there's a small road course there). There's 4 or 5 dinky dragstrips and a couple of dirt ovals full of the kind of people you do NOT want to be racing with because they are generally about half drunk.

My plans are to move to within an hour of RA in about 3 years. :)

We have terrible luck with consistency. I don't know where to find it on television from one year to the next, but I'm always looking. Takes great big clanking balls to rocket around the island. What's the all-out lap record average speed now? 135MPH? Son of a Bitch! The year David Jeffries (R.I.P.) won the superbike class was the last year we had good TV coverage for the week. Since then, we always get the 1 hour re-cap, if anything at all. Discovery HD had it on, but if you don't have an HD package, you are S.O.L.

Keep sending those crazy gents over there!

Ace,
I have been to Chesterfield Motorcycle Centre at Clay Cross my local Yamaha dealer, They sponser TT riders and Dave and Nick Jefferies were sponsered by them. in the 90s.

CMC008.jpg
[/IMG]

Nick & Dave's bikes are on show permanently I thought you might like a picture of them plus an old Suzuki 2 stroke

CMC006.jpg
[/IMG]

CMC004.jpg
[/IMG]

CMC002.jpg
[/IMG]

CMC003.jpg
[/IMG]

They are a fantastic dealer and I have had several bikes of them over the years I cannot speak highly enough of their commitment to biking

SORRY ABOUT THE QUALITY THEY WERE TAKEN ON MY MATES CRAP MOBILE PHONE

Leslie

Im in spitting distance of Silverstone & under an hour from Mallory, Snetterton,Brands Hatch, Brooklands..etc. though Ive not been to any for many a year..For once youve been to the Island nothing else copmpares!

Standing at the Bus stop Mallory as the big bikes come in to the hairpin,,,,,then turning around and watching them through the chicane just doesn't get any better

Leslie

Back