Kicker arms/pedals other than stock

Visegrippe, What year kicker arm are you using? The later models have a thinner arm and it's bent in toward the bike. The earlier bikes the arm is straight and heavier. Try an arm from an older bike. Retarding the timing a couple degrees will help it kick easier.
A thought, does your engine still have the early style rocker arms? The one with the nub for a decompressor to engage. If so get the decompressor valve cover from an older bike.
I have one on my 750 engine, The bike starts with the starter just fine. It kicks a bit stiff while cold but when warm it starts first or second kick as long as I kick it with authority. A half hearted kick and it laughs at me.

Cut the end off at the 90, take the shaft and your new pedal to a muffler shop and have them weld it on. They did if for free for me.

Attachments

• pedal.jpg
    pedal.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 340
been using the later ones (bike's a 79), both the stock and another a friend found in his collection of parts. i'll check to see if the nub is there, i think the decompressor would help a lot.

yeah, if i don't jump on it it'll just bounce right back (even if it's not kicking back), i'll see if i can get my hands on an older kicker, and maybe a spare shaft to square off for a harley kicker, which i could probably get for free....

I always cut off the olf pedal... drill and tap it and bolt up a Old School Bicycles pedal and it works great.

Attachments

• 2%20wheel%20mafia%20yamaha.jpg
    2%20wheel%20mafia%20yamaha.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 311
As I was out in the garage today I saw the 650 and a 7-iron golf club and if i were to build a theme bike that club would have been cut up in a minute or two. HA

Back