Kickstarting problems

Bucko

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone,ive looked through the forum using the search function to try and sort my problem out but i,m still stumped,freshly built motor from po,turns over realy easy using a socket on the crankshaft but is realy hard to turn using the kicker! At the moment i have the alternator side cover off the bike as im about to fit one of hughs pma kits,will the fact that theres no adjustment on the clutch at the moment be affecting how it kicks over? Thanks!

Hi everyone,ive looked through the forum using the search function to try and sort my problem out but i,m still stumped,freshly built motor from po,turns over realy easy using a socket on the crankshaft but is realy hard to turn using the kicker! At the moment i have the alternator side cover off the bike as im about to fit one of hughs pma kits,will the fact that theres no adjustment on the clutch at the moment be affecting how it kicks over? Thanks!

Having the alternator cover off has no effect at all. The clutch is fully engaged, as it should be, to use the kick starter.

Back