Larry SPIDERMAN McBride Crashes at ATCO

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
Well I went to watch the racing at ATCO NJ today and it rained then dried up then rained again and they should have thrown in the towel and after 3 times cleaning track DUH you new someone was getting hurt. There were some good high 6 second runs on outlaw bikes before it rained and some nutz that just went too far on wheelies and almost lost it. If you are up in the air YOU ARE LOOSING get out of it. Well there were only two TOP FUEL bikes and that was on of the reasons I went to see some TF Bikes but only two. Larry SPIDERMAN McBride from what I was told went low 5's yesterday but today was a different story . Poor track and way to much horse power equals HURT. Both bike did great burn outs and I hope video comes threw so you can see but it was like the old days of TF smoke the tires the whole quarter mile but at the end Larry's bike blew up and caught fire. Well at 150 plus MPH you really don't have too many choices. So he stayed with it and got himself a helicopter ride with bad burns to his lowers to the hospital.
Larry you got bigger balls then me because I would have bailed. Bike destroyed and a hospital ride .

Last edited:
I have two Video's but got to load them somewhere first because they won't load here. The crash was after finish line so I didn't get that but I do have the start and the helicopter ride out and the bike covered up coming back to pits. A buddy of mine who was also there helping out said that he was released from hospital and came back to track about 4 hours later. That guys a tough dude burns hurt.

hope he gets well soon. Like you said, those TF guys have nads the size of bowling balls. In 1998 when RT66 raceway opened here in Joliet the fuel bikes were here. I don't remember if NHRA had allready outlawed them or not. There were quite a few, and what a show. Yes smoking the tire all the way down, and those 4 pipe's belching fire and smoke right out the back of the seat! Many years ago I seen the Atchinson Topeka and Santa Fee among other when the multi engine bikes ran the 1/4 mile. Elmer Trett,Vance and Hines and others back then.

Yep I have been on the line in back of some of them waiting my turn and the power off those bikes is unreal. I ran TF Harley only a couple times but had my paperwork to ride for 7 years and never got over 200 mph but came close. The front wheel doesn't touch the ground until around 1000 feet . Was cool but I liked the modified class better got more seat time in.

Back