MIG Welder Suggestions.

Oh man I didnā€™t realize those staples were in the bottom of your footā€¦.yow! A lot of nerves down there! šŸ˜²
Yeah, that foot has already had two surgeries from the top... both fails obviously, but Doc said there's too much scar tissue on the top... had to be done from the bottom.

A couple of years ago I bought a traditional transformer 180A mig for 500 quid because, in my opinion, similarly priced electronic units weren't trustworthy enough at that point. This past few months I've been aware that some of the cheaper (500 quid) electronic ones are proving themselves to be pretty long-lived, but still only as good as their warranties - who knows if a cheap importer will still be around when the machine goes tits-up.
Right now, I'd look seriously at an electronic machine, but for 500 currency units I'd still buy one of the last transformer rigs (they're getting phased out in the EU from next year), but that doesn't help you if you want light weight.

Last edited:
Donā€™t forget these important items! IMG_5977.png

So I had a chance to test the new welder today. Yeah, other stuff got in the way. Anyways.....
This was just real quick and dirty just to make sure the damn thing actually works. It does.

1. Forgot to turn the gas on.... rookie. :rolleyes:
2. Good penetration. 1/8" steel. 130A
3. OK penetration. Turned the current down to 100A just to see what happens.
4. Good penetration. Went back to 130A and turned the "induction" up a bit. That's supposed to widen the puddle and flatten out the bead. It did.

This welder has what's called a "Synergic" mode. What this does is allow you to select the current and the welder automatically adjusts wire speed on the fly.
This was the only function I tried. It appears to work.
As I said, this was just to make sure it'll actually make sparks. I'll give a more detailed report when I actually use it to make something.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Back