Missouri to Austin in (near) winter

^ The homeless guy only had about three or four teeth. Nobody would hire him, simply because of that I'm afraid. Back home I knew a homeless guy with similar dentition. Pretty mechanically inclined and sane enough but nobody is going to hire him to do anything, just because of the look. The retired guy gave me a few good leads on some things down here. The homeless guy was more poetic though...

You Austin guys, I'm pretty sure I'm going to bring you bad (for me) weather. I know you need lots of rain....

Do any Austinites know of any good welders, or can you spare a center stand? The tang that you step on has broken off my center stand and I need to fix it pronto.

Get the grease off it and any welder can do it. Disconnect the TCI if you have one before any arc welding.

I was thinking any welder could do it as well. Only thing is it's a tube - I'd like to see him insert a piece of rebar or something to reinforce it.

Until you can get it welded you can stick a 6-8 inch long piece of 1/2" rebar on the left side in the back "pocket" and keep the stand down enougn to pull it up.
By pocket I mean the hole between the stand leg and where the foot curls up.
Gets you by in a pinch.

Back