Mods vs. Rockers movie, "Brighton Rock" .

Ok...so I minute into the trailer and finally a 2 wheeler(Lambretta). Didn't see one rocker in the whole trailer. Looks more melodrama than anything about bikes. I'll probably pass....

Well, it's a modern take, set in the 60's, of the book written by Graham Greene in 1938. The book was actually a thriller. The movie itself is basically about the melees that took place at the British seaside resorts in the 60's. The recreations are true accounts from the people that were there. I agree it's not the leather clad, mindless "Son's of Anarchy".

I have a very close friend from Norwich England who actually rode during the period of Mods and Rockers. He rode a very clean yellow Norton cafe racer. I can remember him telling me about the Mods and Rockers back in the early 1970s when we first met. He and his mates would ride to the Brighton resort area on weekends just to see if there was any action.

To this day, he doesn't have a kind word to say about scooters :laugh:

Not so good...:shrug:
I remember in the 60's on day trips to the seaside ,with me Mum n Dad, often seeing the battles between the Mods n Rockers ..Quite a few times we were turned away from the seafront (after a 2 hour drive:mad:)by the old bill because of the 'troubles' ..
Once when in my Dads A10 sidecar outfit at Bognor Regis a bunch of mods sorrounded us, my Mum saw them off!

Back