My grandad and Japanese bikes/cars

Not to derail the thread but this is pure BS. The worlds economy is being destroyed by design.

Something the Japs and Hitler could not dream of doing

Who's design would that be? What person has set out to tank the world economy and who would that benefit?
I do not have the time or the patients to actually explain the idea, function and benefit of a true "Global Economy". I think I would have to post the International Economists or what ever forum anyhow. :) Its doesn't matter anyway. All you have to do is make a shitty product and over pay your employees for long enough. Then ask Uncle Sam for a bail out. This is a much better system and it has been proven to work.:yikes:
I guess this is the place for opinions so to each there own.
"opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and everyone elses stinks!":thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not an opinion, a fact. If you dont know who, then Id suggest you find out,
or wake up one day in a third world country

I guess grampa forgot who pulled the trigger on the nukes.
Anyway, it's a new world and we can't live on past problems.
All we can do is try to prevent new ones.
And check our spelling...:)
patience

I guess grampa forgot who pulled the trigger on the nukes.
Anyway, it's a new world and we can't live on past problems.
All we can do is try to prevent new ones.
And check our spelling...:)
patience

keithB, I dont know how old You are, or what kind of History You have studied, but YOUR IGNORANCE IS SHOWING. If You know anything about the War, You should know why it was necessary to use the Bomb. Even the Japanese will agree, it ultimately saved hundreds of thousands of lives on both sides. My Dads, unit, the Third Marines was scheduled to participate in the Invasion of the Japanese mainland, where conservative estimates were predicting ONE MILLION casualties......I probably would not be a live today, along with hundreds of thousands of other Baby Boomers.....I will refrain from wasting time debating You.

Just got back from visiting my granddad i haven't seen since i was six months old..he's 89 years old. Tough old guy. He spent 29 years in the Navy and 2 in the Army, retired as a Master Chief. Fought in WW2 and Vietnam, combat wounded twice. We were discussing Japanese made cars and motorcycles I quote "Son, I have too many of my friends in Hawaii in the hauls of those ships for me to ever buy one..the Japanese were inhumane and I can never forgive them for what they did to us"

That being said it really makes me rethink my bike choices from now on.

Slackjaw,
Those were different times,I lost several relatives (Sherwood Foresters Regiment) who I never met who lost their lives in the service of Queen & Country WW1 WW2, but I drive a BMW

Last edited:
where conservative estimates were predicting ONE MILLION casualties......I probably would not be a live today, along with hundreds of thousands of other Baby Boomers.....I will refrain from wasting time debating You.
They are still working off the supply of Purple Hearts made for the invasion of Japan. There are still over 120,000 left but in typical government style an order for 9000 was placed in 2000.

Can an Aussie wade in here?
We too suffered at the expense of our common enemies of the past
our "Pear Habour", http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Darwin
My Grandfather on Dads side lost the use of his right arm in this episode, also,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Coral_Sea my Mother lost her Father in this little skirmish, a Grandfather I never met.

I married a German girl, she is probably "over the top" in her guilt for what happened back then even though she wasn't even a glint in her parents eyes.
Her father at the grand age of 15 was sent to the eastern front to look after horses (as an animal lover the carnage caused on the animals had a lifelong impact on him), he nearly froze, was caught by the russians and spent 5 years in a POW camp, then released and had to find his own way back to east germany then had to "jump the wall" to get out of the shit fight that was east berlin.
How can we blame the kids that were conscripted? They either had to tow the line (and maybe get shot) or not tow the line and definitly get shot (what would I do?)

leave the past where it is but learn from it (and why are our young blokes in Afghanistan????????)

I drive mercedes and have a 66 two door 250 sec in restoration and I have Japanese bikes.........

Most wars have been fought in ignorance of racism or prejudice. Many people that had nothing to do with the wars of our world have died, there is no country here on this earth that is innocent of these killings. The planes i worked on in 2002 on my birthday (vday) killed at least 8 men and i recieved a certficate for my help with taking out anti-aircraft weaponry..... I guess their familys will never buy american, hell they probably just got the only person bringing any form of money brought in, takin away.. I may not be from some bloody war of the past, but i certainly dont see how an xs650 or any bike takes away from what your grandfather is and was to this country...
We really dont need any more reasons to hate each other, lets find a reason to find and see eachother for who we really are, not what are government portrays of us.

War IS HELL. Everyone knows this. We hope it never happens again, but we know that is wishful thinking. So somebody please end this thread!!!!

Our parents/grand parents were fooled into war.
History is repeating itself right now, and we are all to busy to even notice.

Id not worry about the last world war, and start worrying about the one that is starting now.

Back