New Game: Old Garage Photo w/your XS

Always good to hear another stripper business success story, Bob !..:)

Well, although the Old Garages Game ended back in November, and all the trophies and prize money handed out, I am tickled pink to see more old garage stories and photos.

Pete old boy, trust me when I say this, all the ladies working there look as though they retired from the same profession, but I just go there for the burgers....really!

Dude, I have to get my riding in before Arizona feels like the surface of the sun!
I’ve got another promising road trip planned soon. I hope to be adding to this.

OK, so I have consulted with my wife and kids,
as well as the Old Wise Man in the Cave,

X0AHptyPbmqvjiRbNv2m5MX8R0aFR86I6ohYC0aJMZcLBE-4Gg.jpg

...and I am pleased to announce a Renewal of the New Game: Old Garage Photo with Your XS for 2018 !

Blenheim 006.5small.jpg

Post a photo (here) of your XS in front of an interesting old Garage or Service Station.

Bonus Point (fun points) System:

Bonus points if an XS is in the picture.
Bonus points if the old filling station/garage is still pumping gas.
Bonus points if you can get a picture of the owner in his garage.

Let the game begin !

Last edited:
Ok probably wont get many points for thisand definitly not as many as points on a pineapple..
The astute will notice its actually my hotrod Victory Vegas in the pic not my XS650.
Also the service station is not in frame as Id moved the bike after filling it and had gone inside for coffee.
Coming out I noticed what was in frame a very old car yard notice the old faded images of forties and fifties Holdens on the sign.
The building flanking the car yard is Hilliers Body works the Premier Australian hearse builders currently turning out very nice 300C Chrysler Hearses, sorry no pic of one.
The town of course is Tenterfield on the New England Highway and Tenterfield is the birthplace of that other Aussie icon Peter Allen whos hit song Tenterfield Saddler was huge as well as I Go to Rio.....I think....not really into Peter Allen , more Motorhead actually but we all know Lemmy wasnt born in Tenterfield.
Anyway Im all loaded up on my return trip from Mt Panorama Bathurst where I was trainee flag marshall at a 4 day race event.
Im sure youre all familiar with our Bathurst races.
Im riding back down this easter to do more race flag marshalling for the 6 hour event as well as all the support races over the 3 day weekend of racing.
If you get a telecast Ill be the one controlling Mountain Straight Gate.
Ps Ill be sure to send in more bush servo pix.....promise

Attachments

• 20171121_125639.jpg
    20171121_125639.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 209
LOL you Amazonians have no idea !!!!!
a friend of mine in Phoenix was complaining it was really cold out side and he couldn't go out to the patio to operate his metal lathe....
he said it was 65 degrees ! hell man that's t-shirt weather !
driving through doesn't qualify you as knowing what it's like to live in the really cold places..... knowing this I picked a place that has really mild winters and not so hot summers.....
the problem is that every once in a while o'l mother nature reminds us of what it could be like... with blowing snow (sideways)
a drop in temperature... and nasty cold wind out of nowhere..... that's when I re-think my decision to settle here ! like, what was I thinking!?!?!?
.....on the other hand all the ones plagued with nasty winters have no clue what it's like when it's 110 degrees and everything around you is at that same temperature ! that is when it's too hot to breathe ! so reminding each other is a good thing ! so that ding bat doesn't hop on his bike and try to ride to canada at the present time ! HAHAHAHAHA!
gggGary : I'll post a picture of that Table saw when it's painted..... it's made from scrap and it's NOT Pretty ! but it funtions !
it swings a 10" carbide tipped saw blade , has a 2 hp motor on it and turns the blade at 3240 RPM.... it doesn't even know a 2x4 is being cut ! .....it has crank up and down blade height and sideways tilt to 45 degrees....
although I still have to replace the threaded rod on both the crank up and side tilt because their both too short....
and although it only has a max height of 2 1/4" cut it should do everything I need....
if I were to do it over I'ed try to make it a bit more compact ! the outside table is 40"x28" I cut it down about half way through just so it would fit in my shop better and I'm glad I did !!!! I'll add a extension table and a router lift and tilt to it later.
I should be able to put in a 12" saw blade in that puppy too ! (5/8" arbor )
now you know more than you wanted to know about it LOL
Later guys !
keep it Upright !!!!!

Bob.........

that's Cuz I didn't post one ! <GRIN> but I will this time even if it is off topic.... ahem !
just to give you an idea of the shit I have to work with LOL....

Attachments

• 20171225_140055.jpg
    20171225_140055.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 20180107_103456.jpg
    20180107_103456.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 202
LOL you Amazonians have no idea !!!!!
a friend of mine in Phoenix was complaining it was really cold out side and he couldn't go out to the patio to operate his metal lathe....
he said it was 65 degrees ! hell man that's t-shirt weather !
driving through doesn't qualify you as knowing what it's like to live in the really cold places..... knowing this I picked a place that has really mild winters and not so hot summers.....
the problem is that every once in a while o'l mother nature reminds us of what it could be like... with blowing snow (sideways)
a drop in temperature... and nasty cold wind out of nowhere..... that's when I re-think my decision to settle here ! like, what was I thinking!?!?!?
.....on the other hand all the ones plagued with nasty winters have no clue what it's like when it's 110 degrees and everything around you is at that same temperature ! that is when it's too hot to breathe ! so reminding each other is a good thing ! so that ding bat doesn't hop on his bike and try to ride to canada at the present time ! HAHAHAHAHA!
gggGary : I'll post a picture of that Table saw when it's painted..... it's made from scrap and it's NOT Pretty ! but it funtions !
it swings a 10" carbide tipped saw blade , has a 2 hp motor on it and turns the blade at 3240 RPM.... it doesn't even know a 2x4 is being cut ! .....it has crank up and down blade height and sideways tilt to 45 degrees....
although I still have to replace the threaded rod on both the crank up and side tilt because their both too short....
and although it only has a max height of 2 1/4" cut it should do everything I need....
if I were to do it over I'ed try to make it a bit more compact ! the outside table is 40"x28" I cut it down about half way through just so it would fit in my shop better and I'm glad I did !!!! I'll add a extension table and a router lift and tilt to it later.
I should be able to put in a 12" saw blade in that puppy too ! (5/8" arbor )
now you know more than you wanted to know about it LOL
Later guys !
keep it Upright !!!!!

Bob.........
Good to hear from ya, Bob.
Busy, as always, I see.

Back