New guy in the ozarks

bcthomas

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Picked up a 77 maxi maroon project a few months ago and have been slowly digging into it as the family/job allows. I'm going form follows function cafe on this one...trying to shed weight and installing modern brakes etc.

I also picked up a nice 79 sr500 and I daily my 09 xr1200. I've also got an obscene amount of honda ct70 and mini-trail projects stashed away.

I'm in Benton county Ar.....a stones throw form MO and OK. Anyone in the area?

a331ed26.jpg

0b64872a.jpg

dc32b022.jpg

I'm not too far from you, straight down 412. Those are some nice clean bikes you've got there. I like the old thumpers too. Would love to get my hands on one of those 18" rear disc wheels. There is a lot of info on here to gleen, these guys are pretty helpful and knowledgable.

Pretty new here myself.... Really a lot of good information on here..... I on the opposite side of the state N.E corner.....

luv the seat and the bit under the seat ,,,, where did you get the seat?? please and the bit with yamaha on it ? regards oldbiker

people are always ragging on Harleys for crappy quality...I have to ask have they seen your bike? That thing looks solid as a rock.

I am in freaking lust with the new "Big Blue Pearl" color on the Harley Iron 883.

people are always ragging on Harleys for crappy quality...I have to ask have they seen your bike? That thing looks solid as a rock.

I am in freaking lust with the new "Big Blue Pearl" color on the Harley Iron 883.

I love my xr....the fit and finish is definitely not up to the same standards as other bikes in the price range but no other modern bike puts the same grin on my face and is comfortable enough to ride daily.

I'm really itching to get the xs on the road though.

Got do do a little grinding and wrenching on Saturday. Got the redwings on an hour after usps dropped them. I'm debating a late model front end swap vs fitting tokico 6-pots onto my fork.

268285e8.jpg

4adfcf0c.jpg

Back