New member from Kentucky

pslaughter

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello!

I bought a 76 XS650C over the weekend and have been on here pretty much non-stop since then, so I thought I'd introduce myself. The bike runs alright, looks worse. Working on both those things now. Mufflers are all screwed up which might be part of the problem, but the left cylinder is misfiring pretty regularly. Don't know much about ignitions, but I'll be going through the cam chain tensions, valve, timing, carb rundown soon. I'm sure I'll have more questions! Anyone else in Louisville?

-Paul

I'm in Louisville! Of Frankfort Ave. Are you familiar with the Wednesday bike nights at the Monkey Wrench with the Louisville Vintage Motorworks club? Great group of guys.
9774-4FEC-878A-A0EDAEE7A88B-10562-00000ABA3B50C720.jpg

I used to go there all the time when I managed a band that had a recidency there, did see the motorcycle guys there but was never there that night. I'll have to check it out once I get a seat on my bike! As a last resort, have you ever had anyone in town work on your bike? My daily driver's enough trouble for me (68 VW)!

On the left side missing it could be the points. If they are dirty or out of adjustment it will not run well.
Just follow the steps in your repair manual on how to adjust the points. Do the upper/right side first then the lower/left set.
Leo

Back