Newbie to the show

Tricky Dicky

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Eh up as we say in Yorkshire!

I’ve just bought a cherished old XS1B. It was my late friends and his late father in laws before him, so has a lot of sentimental value to me.I’ve had lots of bikes over the years, but this is my first classic.
I’ve joined up to chew the fat with like minded enthusiasts and maybe pick some of your brains at some point. So cheers 🍻

Eh up as we say in Yorkshire!

I’ve just bought a cherished old XS1B. It was my late friends and his late father in laws before him, so has a lot of sentimental value to me.I’ve had lots of bikes over the years, but this is my first classic.
I’ve joined up to chew the fat with like minded enthusiasts and maybe pick some of your brains at some point. So cheers 🍻
Welcome aboard Tricky.
Please post photos of your ride; and keep us up to date with your progress.
Ads.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Trying to post pics, but having trouble posting pics from my IPhone. Any tips?
Its best to download from the I-Cloud photos onto a PC. Then drag into the photo tab on the posting page.

Welcome.

If your on a computer, drag and drop. Forum will resize to an extent a long as the pic arn't to big.

On the phone hit "attach files", (where you post a reply) , My phone goes to several options, I click on photos, to take me to photos, then on the photo i want, and click on the tick icon, top right to add photo to "post reply"

Thanks so much for your help. So here she is…

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    210.7 KB · Views: 66
Cheers Niels B 👍. She’s a useable classic. I don’t intend on her being a show winner carried around on a trailer.
Just took her to the lsle of Man TT. Had a few issues with her and she came home in the back of a van. Electrical issues, just in the process of getting it sorted. Will post what the issue was when I find it. The joy of old bikes 😁

Cheers Niels B 👍. She’s a useable classic. I don’t intend on her being a show winner carried around on a trailer.
Just took her to the lsle of Man TT. Had a few issues with her and she came home in the back of a van. Electrical issues, just in the process of getting it sorted. Will post what the issue was when I find it. The joy of old bikes 😁
Was there in the late ‘70 ties, (not racing - just watching and leisure ride) pretty area but not roads I’ll attempt any racing on :) guess that’s why people kill themselves every year doing that !

First time back for me in over 20 years. It’s a beautiful place, if the weather is right.😁. The people are great and will go out of their way to help you, which I experienced this year.
The racing is something else, not for me either. Though I use to race against Davey Todd. He beat me back then too 🤣

Back