other Piston's?

Cronos

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am currently looking for a set of piston's to fit my xs 650 with 533 brods, i have boxes of 447 piston's and 0.25 oversize but not a std size piston to fit a 533 rod, i cant seem to find them anywhere.

Is there any other pistons that will fit? From another bike?

I know BSA B441 pistons fit but they're like gold dust aswell.

HEIDEN TUNING have 533 pistons, maybe some of our European friends can point you to another supplier, maybe try the German XS site, if you have the google toolbar, it will give you a translate button that works well! :cheers:

Somewhere on the net I thought I read some car pistons would fit. I think there were part #'s on the site as well. I think it was Toyota, or some other import car piston. I'll look in my favs site.

Heiden don't seem to have them but www.xs650shop.de (German site but has an english written part if you click on the union jack on the home page) has standard sized 533 pistons @ €65,00 each. PartNo: 05_5337

Somewhere on the net I thought I read some car pistons would fit. I think there were part #'s on the site as well. I think it was Toyota, or some other import car piston. I'll look in my favs site.

Please do post if you find the right part! Toyota would be the most likely, as they are long standing partners with Yamaha, & the XS motor is based on a Toyota. I've tried to research this a few times with limited success. It has been burning a hole in my mind for years1 :cheers:

I have read several references to the 650 being a Toyota derived engine. I have also read the histrory of the 650 engine, no part of the 650 came from Toyota. The 650 came from a German company. Sold out to a Japanese company that went under and Yamaha bought it from them. With a few mods that 500 cc engine became the 650.

Last edited:
I believe Falicon sells knife edge rods for the xs, if you could get a 140mm rod for a 447 type engine, would you be able to use 533 type piston? Anybody know?

I think the reference to car parts are Honda rings fit the stock size piston. I don't think the piston fits.

hi guys now don,t kick me tooooo death but somewhere on the yamaha xs650 club i thought i saw sp370 pistons being used without too many dramas regards oldbiker

Back