Wanted - Parts wanted fraud

the-oz-slider

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
FRAUD WARNING;
It finally happened, Ive been defrauded by MORRIS GOODWILL of 48 West Road South Yorkshire S64 9NL UK, phone 44-702-406-9597. He claimed to have a nearly new XS1 seat, mirrors and headlight shell and brackets in original green. After the money changed hands by Western Union all my spidy senses started telling me it was a scam. This was reinforced when he told me that the shipment would be made through interparcelexpress.co.cc, and he made the mistake of answering the phone at that 'business" when I phoned trying to find the parcel.
Magically then he claimed the Irish Customs department is holding the items pending me paying $95 in fees.

Lesson learned, I have never been scammed before and hope never to again. I took numerous precautions and still missed the vital sign.....which was?????- he wanted payment by Western Union, not Paypal.

Heads up that he found my parts request off this forum, so he will be trolling for more victims. I have my in-house fraud guys going after him, but dont hold out much hope of seeing my $250 back. I have also reported him to all the appropriate law enforcement agencies but thats a waste of time and energy in any event.:shrug:
the-oz-slider
Edmonton Canada

Ouch! My condolences. I actually did a Western union transaction one time on a motorcycle sale, but the guy was paying me and insisted we do it that way. It worked out fine.

Bummer mate, its really sickening when that happens.
Hope the cops will get him in the long run.
Strange he was dumb enough to say that the Irish customs were holding goods dispatched from England! (thats daft), also strange he gave you his own number as the fake shipping co. Why not just make up a number instead... I guess he had planned to involve others to act the part of the shipping admin and then extract further cash that way.

I have also been ripped of once before, and it still upsets me to think about it.
In my case the fraudster spotted my wanted ad for parts, which I had placed in an Australia wide magazine. He phoned me to say he had the parts and would be willing to freight them as he wasnt local for me to collect.
Given the parts I was looking for were real difficult to locate I thought this was a rare opportunity and worth the chance. So several calls with him later and I dispatched the cash ($600!!!). Never heard from him again and no parts. The cash was actually transfered to a bank account that was in 'his girlfriends name' and when it became apparent that this was a rippoff the time had passed such that my bank couldn't do anything (still spoke with the cops etc and I reckon it will catch up with him in the end). Karma or a baseball bat... either will do, its all good :)

Cheers,
G

With the internet, paypal is a must, only form of insurance for web/private transactions.

Thanks for the heads up. Seems like people are getting more and more desperate for a quick buck.

Mr Thud, I was in Brisbane last week, came back home to this thieving scumbags activities....shoulda stayed there..........
I'll get him. I have my internet security people at work tracking him down, now its personal.
the-oz-slider

the-oz-slider, did you have your contact info in your wanted ad or did he register in order to contact you?

kindergarden b-4 kindermat or time-out;I got 8 big fat crayons:brand new.you got 2 small new crayons that you borrowed from your sisters new pack of 64/with sharpener.heres the deal? MY simple,yet complex point is technology mixed with MEET EM @READ EM,IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT ISNT,WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND,is all good,with a little effort we will all enjoy the MIX.

The thing these people don't remember is in this day and time google WILL find their name in whatever context it appears. Future employers, cousins, past school mates all will see this post when they google MORRIS GOODWILL

probably not his real name.. but what the hell...

Morris Goodwill, South Yorkshire, UK

The problem is the label on all the other Morris Goodwills out there. A few years ago some freak with my same name molested a kid that he met from the internet. I had a few family members call me asking what was going on. I assured them it wasn't me.

With that said, EFFF the Morris Goodwill who conned you. Hope he loses a finger.

It seems like a perfect scam to me. Much better than sending somebody a bad check and having them send money out of that for a plane ticket to their cousin the deposed Prince of Nigeria and so on. It's encouraging in a way that there isn't a hell of a lot more of it than there is.

Ive got a mate who lives down the road from him at Conisbrough, Ill ask him to make 'enquiries':wink2:

BIG FAT CRAOLA'S VS crayans. SOLD a bike , The buyer @ I traded $. MY LESSON ; PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH. The bike is a very nice 75b.The gentleman said he had 1 in the day,but didnt know the diff. from 75b BLK.or 76blue or something like that so he said.My simple point, IM HAPPY ,thought he was HAPPY to have it,THE EYE TO EYE THING.I met a new MENTOR! OOOO,BY THE WAY ,THIS 650 orig ADDICT IS startin 2 chop@cut@do it like we did when the xs1 hit us little m/c BRATS :1970

FRAUD WARNING;
It finally happened, Ive been defrauded by MORRIS GOODWILL of 48 West Road South Yorkshire S64 9NL UK, phone 44-702-406-9597. He claimed to have a nearly new XS1 seat, mirrors and headlight shell and brackets in original green. After the money changed hands by Western Union all my spidy senses started telling me it was a scam. This was reinforced when he told me that the shipment would be made through interparcelexpress.co.cc, and he made the mistake of answering the phone at that 'business" when I phoned trying to find the parcel.
Magically then he claimed the Irish Customs department is holding the items pending me paying $95 in fees.

Lesson learned, I have never been scammed before and hope never to again. I took numerous precautions and still missed the vital sign.....which was?????- he wanted payment by Western Union, not Paypal.

Heads up that he found my parts request off this forum, so he will be trolling for more victims. I have my in-house fraud guys going after him, but dont hold out much hope of seeing my $250 back. I have also reported him to all the appropriate law enforcement agencies but thats a waste of time and energy in any event.:shrug:
the-oz-slider
Edmonton Canada

Sorry to hear that "A" how is that project coming along?

Any help would be appreciated. I want this filthy scumbag to know Im onto him, and wont give up just on the principle of the issue.....the $ arent even important anymore, I just want to get him good. I have contacted the South Yorkshire Police with a full report but thats kinda wasted as Im sure thay have bigger scams and crim'nals to worry about.

He keeps answering his phone and hangs up when he works out its me...so I asked the SY Cops to call him...that could be an interesting call......hehehe
the oz slider

Hey! What parts are you looking for? I use paypal via eBay.. it sure keeps things honest! Get back and let me know. I live on Kauai, we have same problem living outside the US.

Don, Im looking for parts for an original green 1970 XS1. The tank, sidecovers and shock shrouds are all in good original shapoe, so Im hoping to get a headlight shell and R & L brackets in the same green so that Im not forced to respray it all, rather I want to keep the 'aged,patina'd ' look rather than a concourse rebuild.
I also need passenger pegs and have secured original mirrors from another fine member of the group. I also need an original seat.

List is as follows
1. Seat, prefer original, not repro.
2. Headlight shell- mint green
3. R & L headlight brackets -mint green
4. 2 passenger pegs
5. Original XS1 airboxes.

Any of these items would be most helpful
thanks
the-oz-slider

Back