For Sale - Progressive Rear Shocks/Springs

mikesim

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I purchased a set of Progressive rear shocks and springs from Michael Morse last year and got around to installing them over the winter. Michael recommended going to a 13-1/2" shock which he indicated would make the bike handle better so that's what I ordered. When I tried to install them I found that the lower mounts on the swing arm would hit the exhaust pipe due to the additional length. I didn't want to modify the exhaust so I reordered shocks in the standard length. The Progressive shocks and springs were close to $300 and are still new in the box if anyone is interested. I would sell for $150 plus shipping.

Mike

It is always helpful in cases such as this to state which year XS is being referred to. I am particularly interested in know if the interference is prone to the 76 thru 79 long stock mufflers ?
Thx, -R

Just helping out. It is noted that the "Special" muffler does flare right there near the lower shock mount bolt.
A 76 thru 79 "Standard" muffler does have a bit more clearance for a 13.5" shock, but that is a pretty long shock.
:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20200301_091310.jpg
    20200301_091310.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 20200301_091420.jpg
    20200301_091420.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 171
They are spoken for. I just have to give a freight quote. If the buyer changes his mind I will let you know.

They are stock# 12-1203B. Black with chrome springs. Not sure of the spring rates. I told Michael that I was about 160# and seldom had a pillion and went with his recommendation on the springs. So far the forum member that wanted the shocks hasn't acknowledged my freight quote, so they may be available after all. I will wait for his reply through the weekend and if he doesn't respond then they are up for grabs.

Mike

They are stock# 12-1203B. Black with chrome springs. Not sure of the spring rates. I told Michael that I was about 160# and seldom had a pillion and went with his recommendation on the springs. So far the forum member that wanted the shocks hasn't acknowledged my freight quote, so they may be available after all. I will wait for his reply through the weekend and if he doesn't respond then they are up for grabs.

Mike
PM incoming....

Back