reading from meter

if you have a diode setting on meter the rec/reg specs are .5drop and if you're just checking resistance across diode it'll be around 2M ohms and obviously open the other direction off the green(ground) red(to battery)

Don't worry about the two smaller wires, black and a brown or grey, don't recall. Those two are one on top of the other in the connector block. They get a bit complicated to check, but almost certain you won't need to go there.

Just the 3 white, red and green.

If you're not familiar let me know and I can help. :thumbsup:

Ok, as gggGary said the rotor is 5.6 ohms. it will work as low as about 4.5 up to about 7 ohms.
The stator is .9 ohms. White wire to white wire, check the three as three sets of two.
When performing tests on such low ohm items set your meter on the lowest ohm scale. Touch the probes together and remember this reading. It is the ohms of the leads.
You need to subtract this reading from the test reading to get the actual ohms.
As In touch the probes and get .6 ohms. Do the test and get 5.9 ohms. do the math, 5.9 ohms - .6 ohms = 5.3 ohms. Your meter will read whatever it reads. I have one that reads about.7 ohms, the other about .1 ohms.
Read the charging guide it will give you step by step how to test.
Leo

Back