For Sale - Rebuilt BS34's and PWK's

wannabridin

XS650 Guru
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I will have a set of freshly rebuilt BS34's and a set of PWK carbs for sale very soon. Carbs have been totally disassembled, soda blasted, ultrasonic soaked and reassembled with all necessary parts replaced. I've removed all parts that I can without special tools and cleaned the rest with carb cleaner and micro-drill bits (not removing any metal). I am selling these as I purchased a set of EX500 carbs.

BS34 units have some overall staining on them due to an improper soak in Simple green. No damage or anything was done, just not as fresh looking as expected. I was planning on painting them, so you just pick the color you want (engine enamel spray paint). Rebuilt with Canadian needles, new floats, seals, etc. I will be installing JBM diaphragm boots in them as well, as it's just good insurance. These are going to be very nice carbs when finished.

PWK units are from MikesXS. Slides and the surfaces they slide on have been glass bead blasted, followed by soda blasting for the smoothest possible operation and no sticking. Carbs look brand new and will have new seals, hard parts, etc. Comes with throttle cables and necessary hardware to install along with jet selection. Everything but the air filters included, including the mounting adapters.

I'm not sure yet what price to ask for these as I've not yet re-assembled them, but I can get some images up this weekend so you can see the current condition of the parts. Feel free to make a fair offer on the setups. I'd like to get these mailed out ASAP. Thanks for looking!!

Is the brass in the pwk's set up the way Mike's XS had then set up or did u reject them. And are they the old style or new style.I know the old ones (before new management took over) had a lot of problems. I have owned a pair of the New ones and they worked great.

Last edited:
No clue, I bought them used off another forum member. Could you please specify what you're talking about so I can answer properly? Thanks.

The PWK carbs that Mike's sold a few years back had bad casing and rough slides. when the new owner took over they started selling better quality carbs.

How about I just post some pictures up. I've blasted the slides and interior of the carbs with glass bead and soda, per MrRiggs advice.

Pics of the PWK's. I'm not asking for a ton of money on these, I'm really just trying to fund my crank rebuild/weld from Hugh at this point, so fair offers are encouraged. I tired the slides out and there's no sticking that I can feel, I think the glass beading and soda blasting did it's job by smoothing out the inconsistencies and high points left behind from the improper tooling.

Again, they will come fully cleaned and ready to run. Includes mounting adapters, throttle parts and carbs with jet selection. They need to be properly synced and tuned as I can't do any of that for you. I'm willing to paint them if the buyer would like it, for a small extra fee. I have a small oven so I can properly bake the paint for fuel resilience.

I'll get some pictures up of the BS carbs too, just so people can see. I'm working on a deal right now for those.

Attachments

• 20150116_230827.jpg
    20150116_230827.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 20150116_230836.jpg
    20150116_230836.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 20150116_230848.jpg
    20150116_230848.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 152
I believe that these are the old style PWK's the new one don't have anything inscribed on the side. These have the old stamp on the side. I am going to pass on them but good luck with the sell.

I can't verify where they came from, but I willing to entertain fair offers, so let me know what you think.

Again, the slides feel quite smooth to me, so I think with the proper jetting, they'll be good to go. MrRiggs had run these before and said they ran very well when he got them dialed in.

Back