Reg/Rec Close to Coil?

txrenegade

XS650 Member
Reaction score
image.jpeg
I'm working on the wiring for my new build and was wondering if the reg/rec would be too close to the coil in this position. Would that be a problem or can it live there?

A more open spot would be better. That's not too close to the coil but maybe not the best ventilated area. Those plastic spacers at your coil may be better if they were metal, that coil mount acts as a heat sink to suck away heat from the coil and as a ground. Newer bikes now use stick on heat shielding under the fuel tanks in the coil and electric areas. I've had good luck peeling that shielding from one tank and gluing to another. If I get a chance to salvage some of that foil heat shielding from a car I'll put some away to use, high cost for a measly square foot.

Scott

I'm running an xs750 tank so there is tons of room under there. The tunnel on it is about 4" wider than the 650 one so I really don't think cooling will be a problem. I just wasn't sure if interference from the coil would mess anything up. Thanks for the replies!

Back