Wanted - Right side petcock

Gtikyle

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I am in desperate need of a right side petcock for my 1980 650 special. Show me what you got or where to order one today. Mikes is out of stock.

How bad is the non vacuum and I can't even find a rebuild kit for the vacuum type

Posted via Mobile

I have a pair of vacuums that I pulled off a spare tank. I know nothing about them. Probably need rebuilt. Make me an offer.

the OEM non vacuum ones only fit on the older tanks... the bolt holes are different... I'm not 100% sure but I believe your 1980 would have the vacuum type...

I have one left-side vacuum type petcock, I suppose you could put it on the right side if you wanted but the fuel line would be facing forward then. You could still use it with a 45degree hose fitting in-line, that would keep your fuel line from kinking. It would be ugly but functional. The right side one I have is junk. I removed it because it leaks bad... took it apart thinking I could glue it together with epoxy and make it work but 'meh'.... why bother

two petcocks from mikes is like $100 with shipping-- you can get a raw peanut tank off ebay for like $80 and a petcock for that tank is only $20... of course if you are a purist that won't do, just suggesting

I already bought a new tank from mikes Xs an then don't have petcocks for me. I'm planning machining a piece of metal and using a generic petcock.

Posted via Mobile

I don't trust vacuum petcocks. I do like positive shutoffs whe turned to "OFF" and gas flow when turned to "ON" position. and reserve fuel if selecteded. Sure, you have to remember to shut off the gas after the ride. Yes they can wear out and leak too, but I think are easier to rebuild.