WPGxs650_brat

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process of planning out my hand controls for my Brat. I though those sexy momentary push buttons were sexy until the stupidity (use for signals) was pointed out. Using the clutch at the same time from a stop is not practical.

So now I'm looking at MINI on/off/on toggle switches. So my question to the forum is, what toggle switches for signals are you guys using? I found some online but at 45$ us before shipping is retarded (I live in Canada and the dollar sucks.)

This is what I have found. I like the first as the hole to install is small. The second one has a momentary switch (horn), but it calls for a 1/2 hole (ouch) and I'll be using 7/8 bars. Thoughts?

Attachments

• posh_3__11714.1399735005.1280.1280.jpg
    posh_3__11714.1399735005.1280.1280.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 00-0495-2T-2.jpg
    00-0495-2T-2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 211
You could still use push buttons if it was latching -- push once go to on, push again go to off. Or you could look into latching relays which do the same thing with a regular switch. You might want to add a beeper, since you wouldn't be able to tell if it was off by thumb alone.

You could still use push buttons if it was latching -- push once go to on, push again go to off. Or you could look into latching relays which do the same thing with a regular switch. You might want to add a beeper, since you wouldn't be able to tell if it was off by thumb alone.

The switches I was looking at don't latch. Most mini switches are advertised as momentary. Good for e start and horn.

I think you are looking at Posh switches from Japan. Modern Motorcycle Company sell their own for half the price. They also sell Posh switches.
https://modernmotorcycle.co/collections/electrical

Unfortunately shipping about the same price as the product.

I'm planning my next build and am looking at an on-off-on switch for the turns, momentary push button for the horn (both on the left side), an on-off for the kill and momentary push button for the start (both on the right side).

I think you are looking at Posh switches from Japan. Modern Motorcycle Company sell their own for half the price. They also sell Posh switches.
https://modernmotorcycle.co/collections/electrical

Unfortunately shipping about the same price as the product.

I'm planning my next build and am looking at an on-off-on switch for the turns, momentary push button for the horn (both on the left side), an on-off for the kill and momentary push button for the start (both on the right side).

That's the one, I was reading the install instructions. 1/2" size hole for the toggle switch/push button combo.

That's a big hole! will its compromise the bars at all?

Back