For Sale - SOLD SOLD SOLD 2 engines one runs, both for $50.

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
SOLD SOLD SOLD

hot Craigslist deal too far for me to drive.

http://ottumwa.craigslist.org/mcy/2179280955.html

2 650 YAMAHA MOTORS CASH/TRADE - $50 (HEDRICK IOWA)

Date: 2011-01-25, 10:59AM CST

ONE IS COMPLETE AND WAS IN RUNNING CONDITION BEFORE REMOVED FROM TRACTOR PULLER,STILL HAS TRACTOR TYPE HEADER ON IT.THE OTHER IS ????? IT LOOKS TO BE FOR PARTS FOR THE OTHER ONE,IT IS A COMPLETE ENGINE WITH STARTER BUT NO OTHER ATTACHMENTS..THE FIRST ONE IS COMPLETE WITH CARBS ETC.WILL TAKE $50 CASH FIRM OR WILL TRADE AROUND FOR ALMOST ANYTHING + CASH OR STRAIGHT TRADE.YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT OR FOLLOW THE CRIGSLIST LINK.OUR STORE PHONES ARE DOWN AND WILL BE FIXED SOON SO NO REASON TO GIVE PHONE NUMBER..THIS AD WILL BE REMOVED AS SOON AS THESE SELL..SO CHECK BEFORE YOU COME TO THE STORE!
OFF THE WALL TRADING POST
114 NORTH MAIN
HEDRICK IOWA TUESDAY-SATURDAY 9AM TO 5PM WE WILL BE CLOSED THIS FRIDAY THE 28TH THRU SAT THE 29TH.

PRICE IS FOR THE PAIR!

3nf3pc3o25V25O45Q2b1p548904b8d3d911df.jpg

Last edited:
had a buddie tell me these were all ove rthe internet.sorry guys just sold them,i promise i will have more comming

Well maybe a scam but the shop appears for real and the ad is his style. A member close to Hedrick is checking on them.

Lol. Iam the owner of off the walltrading post in hedrick iowa.these engines sold this morning.i wish i would have knowen how much they were worth.lol oh well making good deals everyday..when you member comes in have them introduce there self..lol here is a link of the local newspaper my wife and i were in when we open..scam? really i dont think so,we are just cheap.. http://ottumwacourier.com/business/x278367728/Off-the-Wall-Trading-Post-has-a-lot-to-offer

You said you would pull the ad when they were sold, it is still up at 2PM.........

sorry guys i just checked my craigslist account,i deleted these off of there about 11am.i guess just flag the ad when you see it becuase craigslist wont let me do anything with it

Ya, I emailed right away this morning and they were gone......This guy is checking on some more stuff, but I ain't fighting no one for it.

well I guess if it wasent for the 35+ emails I had this morning I wouldnt have had a clue what they are worth along with my consigner.They were on craigs list for almost a week at $100 no hits untill I dropped them to $50. After looking them up and finding out that a head on ebay cost any where from $50 to $300 I kinda feel like the sucker.Oh well the two that came in this after noon are a lot nicer,one complete is $300 the other that is missing out bolted parts such as carbs etc is $150.Im gunna be in des moines this weekend I would have brought these up for free shipping.but if your gunna cry around about it,I guess you can just fight for it..good luck on the explosion you had inside your engine.something for nothing???:wtf:

Excuse me? Cry about what? I missed a deal...oh well. Don't worry, not the least bit interested in a motor for $300, and you say you would bring these up for free shipping, but would not hold the others long enough for me to get there. Hmmmmmm that does not make much sense. As far as Ebay goes, lots of OVERPRICED XS parts there and most don't sell, might want to research that. Besides I don't deal with a smartass anyway. :banghead:

well I guess if it wasent for the 35+ emails I had this morning I wouldnt have had a clue what they are worth along with my consigner.They were on craigs list for almost a week at $100 no hits untill I dropped them to $50. After looking them up and finding out that a head on ebay cost any where from $50 to $300 I kinda feel like the sucker.Oh well the two that came in this after noon are a lot nicer,one complete is $300 the other that is missing out bolted parts such as carbs etc is $150.Im gunna be in des moines this weekend I would have brought these up for free shipping.but if your gunna cry around about it,I guess you can just fight for it..good luck on the explosion you had inside your engine.something for nothing???:wtf:

Oh and BTW, I would have glady paid $100 for them, so I guess maybe you are a sucker.

Two things; if you had them on Craigslist and the ad had XS650 in it I would have seen them. The response you got was most likely from this list after I posted the ad for you gratas, You know, free? IMHO you have gone a bit the other way and they will sit till you come back down in price. Good luck with your consigner's stuff. An XS engine can bring $300 but it needs to be running or compression tested with known mileage and even then that price will take a bit to find a buyer especially in Iowa. I don't understand why you are acting mad at us? How many times has someone come in your shop and asked too little for an item only to have you say NO NO NO it's worth way more than that? Caveat venditor is as true as Caveat emptor. As you have learned here (at no cost) finding the proper audience is key to achieving maximum value for your merchandise. Your thank you is accepted.

Back