Somethings WRONG!

CaseySmithersxs

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hey guys, been riding my bike for about a week now, and somethings up. Cant really figure it out. It ONLY happends when I go in about full throttle, then after that it starts sputtering. It starts sputtering when I really get into it, then it stays like that until I let the bike sit for a little while, Its almost like its starving for fuel?!... Not sure whats going on here, but any input would be appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 183
Thanks for the quick reply! I noticed im not getting any more fuel past my filter. And what looks like a decent size air bubble. Could that be the problem? Even if its not im fixin it now lol

Okay fixed all the gas lines... And It started doing it again, Im pretty sure its not a fuel problem from the petcock to the carbs. But past the carbs im not sure. Im lost!? Any help or more opinions?

Hey Casey, if you get a chance next time your starts running like that again try opening the gas cap and see if that helps it. Did the cap come with the tank? Just thinking out loud.:D

The alien tank I bought called for a HD style vented gas cap, thats exactly what I got. But the bike ONLY starts to sputter horribly when I get in the throttle pretty hard.

Try running the fuel into a can and see if it stops, I had a similar problem to this so long ago can't remember what it was in the end, pretty sure the vent was blocked had to drill a hole in the cap to help vent.

Also check the timing, and that all the carb ways are clear,

Yea it flowed freely when I got the air out of my gas lines, and my cap is vented. But it only starts at full throttle, then continues even a low speeds until I kill the bike and let it rest. I have no idea...

I have just got some Dorman power brake valves. Open breathers with pods and open pipes without anything on the breathers gives symptoms you describe. Sounds like you have two of the large breathers.

Anlaf

Could be. But the continued stumble????
Try dropping the mains one size and make that change only.
Ride and test.

Yes it continues to sputter even after I get out of the throttle.

ANLAF- if your talking about the crank case breathers, theres nothing on them. I didnt think i needed anything in them.

One question about my 77 carbs. Just want to make sure my gas lines are ran perfect. Im running a single manual petcock, with a T leading to both carbs, with the single lines connecting the 2 carbs in the middle. And notice the small blue nipple on the carb boot, I had to cap that off since im not running vac petcocks anymore right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 147
Back