Wanted - standard seat xs650

1971XS1inOKC

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
like the title says, im looking for a seat for a standard. I have a 71 and looking to see what kind of seats are out there people are willing to part with. seat doesn't necessarily have to be a 71 but i would like for it to be in good condition with no major rips or tears. please post pics and prices. thanks

full

Kevin
Oklahoma City, OK

1975 xs 650 w/ gold lettering, small 2" split at chrome binding. Otherwise in VERY GOOD SHAPE...

Attachments

• GEDC0118.jpg
    GEDC0118.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 189
  • GEDC0121.jpg
    GEDC0121.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 181
I'll let the seat go for $80 + shipping which should be around $15-$17, I just sold two on E-Gay, and thats what it worked out to. This one is the good one thats left, they are very sought after, I have better pics but I guess they are to big to upload. I have a '79 Ironhead that is about 10% H-D left, I'll try to attach a pic.

Attachments

• GEDC0112.jpg
    GEDC0112.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 168
  • dales pix 006.jpg
    dales pix 006.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 195
im definitely interested in the seat...do you know if there are any major differences in the way the 75's mount and the 71's? nice lookin' iron let me see if i can find some pics of the one we are building

here are a few pics..it now has 12" black apes on it

Attachments

• K Bobber Progress 7.jpg
    K Bobber Progress 7.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 178
  • K Bobber Progress 8.jpg
    K Bobber Progress 8.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 171
  • K Bobber Progress 9.jpg
    K Bobber Progress 9.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Hey no problem man, love the Ironhead, that is going to be one sweet ride!!! (already is) The '71 looks better than new nice work!!!

try mikes xs.
he has a stock reproduction seat that would look great on that bike, quality is so-so but the price is ok. $199. not bad, i bought one for my daily rider. and it will fit your bike nicely.
great looking bike by the way - Tom (kyd727)

like the title says, im looking for a seat for a standard. I have a 71 and looking to see what kind of seats are out there people are willing to part with. seat doesn't necessarily have to be a 71 but i would like for it to be in good condition with no major rips or tears. please post pics and prices. thanks

full

Kevin
Oklahoma City, OK

Classy build. Real classy.

Thanks for all of the kind words. My dad and I have been dealing with xs650's for a while. We bought a 77 a while back for $500 got it running and it sold on ebay for $1500. We used the money we made off that to pick up this 71 with matching #'s along with a 75 that needed a little work in a package deal for $1000. We sold the 75 for $500 and decided to keep the 71 and do a "custom restore" i guess you could call it. It's not completelly original but we think it looks good. I'm going to purchase the original style seat from mikexs as soon as i can get the $199 together (recovering from a 7 day cruise to the bahamas). Once again I appreciate the kind words.

Kevin
Oklahoma City, OK

Here's a few pics of the bike with the tank emblems in. I plan to put black fork boots on it along with the original seat and call it "done"

full

full

full

Does the 71 have a lever and loop (buckle)type closer? Or the notched post and pin?

Ive got a seat froma 70-72 XS1. Its got an aftermarket cover, that doesnt say Yamaha on the back, but its in good shape. A little faded. The trim piece is really good and so is the pan. Ill get you pics by email if you want. My photobucket is having issues. $100 shipped.
Thanks, Kris

Hello all, Im also looking for an XS1 seat. Trying to find original or at least the base in good shape. My research says only 1970-71-72 will fit. After that they are changed and wont fit. Any offers considered.
Al
Edmonton Canada

Hey Kevin in OK, what's that silly seat you have on there now? How is it attached? Hit me up with a PM about it... I'm thinkkng it would look great on my bike with much thinner foam.

Back