There'll be no brass monkeys conceived today!

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
0°F and 20 mph of wind with higher gusts.

Good chance to try out my new battery-powered heated gloves. I have circulation issues in my fingers and they get seriously cold (as in useless) at even 30-ish degrees. They worked very well even on medium heat setting while doing chores this morning. Not great for dexterity tho.

Here what my in door out door thermometer says this morning:

Attachments

• Temps.jpg
    Temps.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 53
0°F and 20 mph of wind with higher gusts.

Good chance to try out my new battery-powered heated gloves. I have circulation issues in my fingers and they get seriously cold (as in useless) at even 30-ish degrees. They worked very well even on medium heat setting while doing chores this morning. Not great for dexterity tho.
What kind of gloves do you have DE? I too get cold finger tips quickly.

I remember buying an expensive infra red scan tool for work and messing around with it, measuring the temperature of my hands and thought it wad broken because it had a severe temperature drop off at my fingertips. Turns out it’s just poor circulation. I could blame it on old age, but I’ve always been like that, even as a young ‘un.

On year two of electric socks, so far so good. Don't use them a lot but when I do they make a heck of a difference, usually just on low, work for hours. My feet got froze a lot as a kid, poor circulation ever since. Looked at heated gloves a bunch of times haven't pulled the trigger, make do with heat packs, not least cuz I tend to wear out 5-6 pairs of gloves a year.
Mittens over fingerless knit wool gloves are pretty good. With a heat pack inside the liner, some time with the mittens off for dexterity tasks is reasonable.

Had them for long? looks like they have decent battery life. Polyester outer material? Thx

Nope just got them, worn them once.

Yes poly of some sort. Slicker than puppy shit on a hardwood floor. As I said, NOT good for tasks requiring any level of dexterity. Got them mostly for sedentary tasks like running the snowblower, shoveling snow and feeding/watering the chickens.

On the medium setting they were perfect in yesterday's weather. I use a plastic 1/2 quart container for scooping scratch feed for the birds and it was a beeyotch to try to hang onto between the slick plastic and the slick gloves. Everything else went well.

Back