Time for a Big Bore

v8-914

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well....My starter went out, and when I opened it up I found my lower case was cracked on the left side at the starter idler gear bushing....Rats!
Oh well, this has provided a good excuse to pull the motor freshen the gearbox and install a big bore.

After extensive looking, I found XS'r with a machine shop and experience with REALLY BIG BORE 650's all the way up to 1050cc. This is the same shop that builds my SuperMoto engines.

We'll be converting to a 277 phased motor...I am sure I'll have a bunch of hurtles to leap, with new exhaust and carbs. Obviously, we'll be blazing a little traveled trail.

Anyone interested in following my rebuild, Terry publishes pix semi-daily on his website

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FirePower-Minis/340143118176

Ciao Bella,
Wes

Attachments

• Cafe racer03.jpg
    Cafe racer03.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 155
After extensive looking, I found XS'r with a machine shop and experience with REALLY BIG BORE 650's all the way up to 1050cc. This is the same shop that builds my SuperMoto engines.

We'll be converting to a 277 phased motor...I am sure I'll have a bunch of hurtles to leap, with new exhaust and carbs. Obviously, we'll be blazing a little traveled trail.

Wes

Check out the Aussie 650 club site, this has been done plenty of times.

Back