Tools for reading spark plugs

zrx1100

XS650 Enthusiast
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
What is everyone using to get the best reading of the plugs. I find that the new magnifier feature on iPhone ( I have a 15 pro) works pretty well. With the built in flash, the light can get right in there

Attachments

• IMG_4226.jpeg
    IMG_4226.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 28
What is everyone using to get the best reading of the plugs. I find that the new magnifier feature on iPhone ( I have a 15 pro) works pretty well. With the built in flash, the light can get right in there
Great idea. I often photograph places that I can't get a good view of with my big head and tired eyes. My only concern with spark plugs would be the flash washing out what I'm trying to read.

Great idea. I often photograph places that I can't get a good view of with my big head and tired eyes. My only concern with spark plugs would be the flash washing out what I'm trying to read.
Another artifact i found of the approach is that the color on the screen does not capture the actual electrode color up close, especially as I tried to reduce the saturation, as you indicated. here is the actual color of the plugs. They have less than 100 miles on them
1712543369063.png

Back