Trying to find these....

bradshaw106

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
The previous owner ground the fuel tank bushings holders of the frame and I would like to reuse my factory tank. I know that most people remove them to mount different tanks and was wondering if anyone had a salvageable pair?
23063ae6.png

wow!! your tell ing the future of my frame!! I'm gonna hate it someday when I run across a post that calls me a PO. I grinded mine off, too.
unfortunately, the only way I could see to get my cups off, was tith a air chisell, and a gringer. the only thin left was metal dust all over my other bikes!
I suppose you could make new cups from some sheet, but,......

^ yep. It's going to be very very hard to find a set of those that are enacted dut to how you have to remove them.....

find a freeze plug of the same size if the tank rubber and tack a strip of sheet metal along the edge. Weld the whole assembly where the old one was.

azman has a great idea and easy too.

I took mine off with a hammer and chisel. I was trying to save them. Took a long time and in the end they were pretty f-ed up. Chances are no one spends that kind of time (except me :shootme:) when they are chopping mounts off.

Go with the steel freeze plug idea.

I should add to remove the edge of the freeze plug not needed and use a strip of sheetmetal longer than needed to hold the tank, to make a guide in for the tank dampers.

Looks like I will have to think outside of the box... I will look into the freeze plug idea it could work. Thanks

I have a set I'm not going to use. Looks like I should be able to just drill out the welds. You can have them for shipping.

Attachments

• 2011-06-24 12.24.31.jpg
    2011-06-24 12.24.31.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 101
Back