Unusual XS 650 F Available

:agree: Not necessarily....there were lot's of 2F0 VIN #'s covering a variety of models during 1978 and 79 (E & F) Standard models and (SE & SF) Specials and the 2F in 79. The rarity is associated with the 79 F and 2F. The Specials being introduced in 1978 and 79 with 1979 and the F model being the last of the Standard models produced. After that it was the Specials and a lower cost spoked wheel version the Special II

Did your bike have spoked or cast wheels eg ? The VIN's will help you indentify it further,
there are some good charts on the site. Best, Blue

Last edited:
cool, its realy rather fun to fabricate and solve the problems that arise when fixing and modifing these units. amazingly simple bikes. wish I had started doing this project years ago.

This one was something between red and orange I think, (the only thing w/ paint was the tank and its real faded. but now the frame is rattle can hammered grey, the honda some kind of old dirtbike (found in an abanded barn) tank is purple/silver w/ orange pinstripes and "supersport" like in chevy ss airbrushed in the silver tank sides w/purple and trimed in orange. looks great if I must say so for rattle can paint.

Back