US Weather in the Las Vegas area

DaveO

XS650 Addict
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there

I've a mate who is planning to do a US trip in a camper van (RV??) picking one up in the Las Vegas area and touring around for a fortnight.

It occurred to me to ask here about the best time for him to do this. In the UK the temperature varies between just below zero in the winter not above 36-27 C in the summer. All I know is that Las Vegas (that's Nevada right?) is HOT. So when should he go? I think your seasons are when ours are but after the discussions in another thread about US gallons and UK gallons being different I'm not even sure about that now. (Australians have Christmas in the summer right??!!!!)

He's self employed so can go almost any time and is thinking March - May.

Thoughts???

:thumbsup:

Dave O

I'm researching flights, rental, exchange etc... for him but any useful input would be great.

I wouldn't put mid Feb out of the running either. Sept-Oct is milder temps and less crowds. Better room rates.

I am Carbon, Azman857 and Signal

Thanks for your replies. I've passed the information along. My mate is a "Geordie" (someone from the North East of England) and probably won't take too well to real hot weather LOL.

Dave

Last edited:
Now until mid September pretty much an oven...feels like a blow dryer in your face...winter is good riding...not much rain to worry about. But it is cold

Back